Raleigh Torus.

Re:

Today I managed to sort the shifter so the bike is all ready for its 1st ride.
I might test it with a run to work in the morning. But it rides great but the ride position is a bit less relaxed than my modern cube, but I think I can get some speed going on this bike

Re:

I have decided to change the brakes on this bike.
I was finding the brakes unsatisfactory and fiddly to set up.
So I bought a set of xtr m950 v brakes and needed to source some levers for them, I was having no luck so I decided to buy these beauties, I have always had a thing for cnc'd bike parts. And these are super light and look lovely. I will report back when I've installed them.

Attachments

• IMG_1858.JPG
    IMG_1858.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 983
Interested to hear your feedback. I went over to Magura HS33 which do work and no squeaking!
Shimano parallax brakes were very powerful but the squeaking drove me insane, so changed to Avids SD Mags for a while which work well.
Admittedly I've never tried M950 so hopefully those are better.

Re:

finally finished this now. i really like the xtr v brakes.
very happy with this one.

Attachments

• IMG_6204(1).jpg
    IMG_6204(1).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 936
  • IMG_6205.jpg
    IMG_6205.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 936
Re:

Wonderful build. Glad you got the BB out ok, it's a huge relief once it's sorted isn't it :D

I've got Judy SLs on my M-Trax but I absolutely love the X-Lite forks.

gil at retrodecals has decals already designed if you need them... I have a set for mine waiting to go on... just debating whether to do it or not as it looks v nice without.

Update.. just put them on in my lunch hour

Attachments

• IMG_3702.jpg
    IMG_3702.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 876
Just an update, I found a replacement stem and I am waiting on new decals.
I will post pics when it’s all put back together again.
Then it’s time to get my fitness back up for a charity ride.

a new update, as I write this I am having 2 new stems made up. will cost a lot but at least I will have my bike fully functional again.
will update once I get the stems back.

Back