Not Such A Tired Old '91 Zaskar- Job Done! Pics Page 6 & 7

Re: Breathing New Life Into A Tired Old '91 Zaskar - Pic Heavy

Those parts will look great on it.

tIB":2unbko3h said:
Build thread here, probably best working backwards: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=351215&p=2734343#p2734343

And a recent pic:

2017-04-21_12-49-34 by sonofprent, on Flickr

It's a bit all over the place period wise, but I like how it's ended up![/quote]

Loving the individuality :cool: The manitou's do look good on it some of the pics for sure. Definitely reinforces my decision to go with my Magnums for now cheers :D

Lovely build kit you have. Cant wait to see this come together (from one Zaskar owner to another ;-) )

Re:

Progress has been a little slow at the moment as I'm still waiting on a threaded steerer for the Manitou's but I've been busy on some cranks giving them a bit of tlc..... I know the build is mainly planned around Shimano's Deore DX groupset but the original c/set was in a bad way so I've gone to town on another set of cranks I had knocking around for the time being. I've given these FC-M730 XT's some serious loving and pleased with how they've turned out...... :cool:

Made a start on the decals and fitted the U-brake to check all was well with it. I've also eventually sourced the seat tube mounted u-brake cross over cable guide bracket I've been chasing for a while too and in perfect condition. Going to add a discreet bit of bling in the way of a sprinkling of gold titanium bolts dotted around here and there so more pics to follow soon...... :D

Nicely done! What do you use for polishing?

Dare":1xd4ppbu said:
Nicely done! What do you use for polishing?

Cheers :) Old school and all by hand :cool: Used very fine wire wool pad to remove the anodizing intially and any deeper rub or scuff marks 240 grit wet and dry. After a few grades I finished off with 2000 grit before giving them a thorough clean and then applying a few coats of White Diamond metal polish :cool:

Re:

Progress has been a bit slow so I apologize for that but limited time and still waiting on some parts has made for a slow build at the mo so I thought a few pics to keep everyone happy might go some way..... :D

The XT cranks now have some low mileage original rings in very good condition fitted plus some added bling Ti bolts, frame has been decaled up, fitted a BBUN-71 122.5mm b/b for now, U-brake on and Ti bolts added, sourced some DX canti's, Flite Titanium saddle and an XT Sharkfin :cool:. Waiting on some nos Mavic 36 hole 717 rims and still on the steerer for the Manitou's. Intentions will be to use and ride the old girl and hit the old trails from many moons ago if the legs can hack it haha :LOL:

Re: Re:

Tomahawk kid":2n6lcoew said:
That's gonna be one tasty looking Zaskar, Why are you not doing a refurb on the RC35's ?

Cheers :D
The RC35's will get done at some point but not a priority just now. They're not what I'm wanting on the build right now and may well go on another build at some point or may sell them after being refurbed......

Back