Fat Chance Yo Eddy 468Y2MS

boxxer

MacRetro Rider
Picked this up for not too many pennies on the understanding that it needs a seat tube (full or patches) and probably a paint job

The plan is to get it here and evaluate and make it my project bike (one or two others will make way for it - likely my M-Trax and DB Apex)

Build plan is either Full XTR and some boutique kit with Hopes. I have some Mag 21 SL's coming too along with some blue Hopes (the frame and parts are in Canada just now)

I've added it on Fatcogs but I'm wondering if the Serial suggests this is a medium with the short top tube..... Any thoughts Fattistas??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 3,145
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,904
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,904
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 1,904
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,904
Re:

6 weeks and counting till this is back in the uk with me...

Build plans so far

M900 / Syncros / SL Ti / Disk Drive

Just needs a new seat tube and paint job first!

Spec thus far

Yo Eddy M/S with Salsa Flip Lock
Mag 21 SL
M900 1” Headset - now Chris King but may go back to the M900
Syncros Stem - silver, want a black one
Hyperlite bars
Oury Grips
XTR Cables
M900 STI
M900 Brakes
M900 F Mech
M910 R Mech
UN90 B.B.
M900 Crank - Have a Topline as an alternative
PD737 pedals
PC860 Chain
M900 cassette NOS
Syncros Seat post 29.4
Tioga Disk Drive / XTR M900 on 217
Hope Suspension front Hub on 217
Ringle Holy Skewers / Salsa Rasta Flip Offs
Ringle Cage

Re:

Always thought they only did 'ST' Shorter Top tube options on the Wicked model. Sure you could have anything custom though. Nice bike and worth restoring back to its original glory. :)

Deffo smaller than a medium. Even if it was made as an ST 'M', the seat tube would still measure as an M and the down tube would have more rake to compensate.
What colour are you going for?

Re:

Colour will be ££ dependant... would love a blue / green harlequin but may just go same as it currently is

Current plan is to assess damage and then get the lower seat tube replaced, I have 2 places lined up but it depends on how much damage there is as to who will ultimately sort it

Re:

Maaan, c'mon....we needs some pics of pre and post surgery on the seat tube. Who did the surgery and.....and...and...etc :mrgreen:

Pics please :mrgreen:

Going to my mates wedding, he has it sitting at his cousins house in Michigan...

Will be driven over, stuffed in my suitcase along with some Mag 21 SLTI's and then brought home to be cleaned up, photo'd checked and prepped for surgery

Once it's done and painted the M900 build commences and the Zaskar gets stripped for parts...

Back