Verlicchi dh of unknown flavour

Kivikkojuurakko

Retro Newbie
Hello all!

As I've been lately increasingly gotten directed to this fine site by my google-searches, I thought that this may be a good place to share this project.

I bought this bike from a hobbyist bike mechanic who didn't have interest in restoring this bike. (Nice gentleman, hello to You!)

Condition of the bike seemed to be somewhat needy, but I thought that it could and should be fixed. I knew that there was a nice bike under all the grime and paint. Yes, someone had decided that bright colours were no more "in".

After bottle of acetone the frame was mostly clear. So next step was to get a donator bike as a first aid kit. I bought a lightly used Kuwahara Pro Comp SE from 1994, I think the "SE" stands for Stx-SE componentry the bike was fitted with. I got very lucky with the Kuwahara as it had the correct 29.4 seatpost. I didn't even know that before I got home with the bike, there is very limited info on this era Kuwaharas in the net.

I ordered the tyres without side image, just looking at the thread. So, well, the result is not really fitting.

Saddle is a bit newer, but it gets to stay for now. One could say that it fits the theme because Henderson did ride a Verlicchi.

I believe this frame was originally a lbs-special "Recycle" R-Cycles frame.

At this point the bike is "rideable", but not in the mtb-sense. I need to get a 1 1/4 starnut, or another way to tighten the headset etc., little bit of tuning and polishing here and there.

I would like to build this bike into a race inspired "replica" of a sort (Grundig stickers and such for example). I need to start getting fitting parts and decals and stickers. I guess it is going to take years, but I'm not in a hurry. Meanwhile the bike could be enjoyed on nice sunday cruises. I'm going to update here when something happens with this build.

Here is one more photo of my old bikes

Photos are quite small, I didn't know how large images are allowed here, so I played safe. Maybe I'll post links to larger and less packed photos later.

edit. Link to larger photos: http://imgur.com/a/xIt8s

Attachments

• alku.jpg
    alku.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,030
  • 1e.jpg
    1e.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 1,030
  • 2e.jpg
    2e.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 1,030
  • 3e.jpg
    3e.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 1,030
  • 4e.jpg
    4e.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 1,030
  • kaik.jpg
    kaik.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 1,030
Thank you guys for your kind words!

And thank you for the SJS tip also, their postage to Finland for small parts is very reasonable. I just ordered an old axle from them and the delivery was fast.

About the bike, I think I'll fix the fork next. Lowers need paint and decals, and fork boots need refreshing. Dr. Marz. seems to have correct XCR decals, so I'll order them and new bolts also.

Oh, and sorry about the Alltricks stickers, they'll be gone soon. I just had to put something on there because the bare look without any text anywhere was giving me creepy vibes. :D

I added a link to couple of larger photos to original post, still old cellphone quality as I don't have a camera.

Back