1991 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Refurbish.

sruss67

Dirt Disciple
The 2nd mtb I ever owned was a 1991 Stumpy Comp, purchased new, ridden and raced for many years as it came from the factory.

The years came and went, as did the mountain bikes, and the old stumpy was always in the back of my mind.

Over the past 5+ years I have felt the need to find my first ever mtb, a 1990 Shogun Prairie Breaker Expert and the Stumpy Comp, both mediumish sizing.

Tracking down the Shogun has proved impossible thus far, and the Stumpy too until a few months ago when a member of a facebook retro page I am a member of here in Australia posted his recent purchase :cry:

Fast forward to a month ago and he contacts me asking if I am interested :) is the Pope catholic, does a beer crap in the woods, hell yes I am interested :D :D

A deal was done and I organised freight, finally it was mine and the process of restoring has begun.

I have posted in the parts wanted forum for a stem, bars, seat post, saddle, tyres and a l/h shifter.

If anyone can help with the parts I need, please message me or mention on either this or the other post, cheers.

Link to pics of how it was and my progress so far :cool:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/145266286@N07/albums

Re:

A bit more time spent on the drive train and got more fitted to the frame.
dateposted-public

dateposted-public
dateposted-public
dateposted-public

Back