Complete! 1988 Yeti FRO

Smithjss70

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I finally got everything sourced and built back up with all period correct NOS parts for this bike. It previously had some great parts but was going to drive me mad if it wasn't absolutely 100% correct.
http://history.ride100percent.com/history

Yeti FRO #496

Interesting features:
• Oval top tube
• Yeti forks (with plugged drain hole per FTW)
• Simplex dropouts
• 2 o'clock cable stop location
• BMX head tube
• 26.8mm seat post

lwmXwb.jpg

veTFja.jpg

uWXw97.jpg

FUZw0i.jpg

m8M5kx.jpg

tNitJz.jpg

8t2oYa.jpg

Re:

Looks great. Love the black/white scheme. Anything with Bullseyes always deserves an extra style point too.

I'd say try a snorkel on the stem, will allow you to use shorter housing with a cleaner run. Also, I feel that the straddle cable on the front brakes should use the outer barrel inside the brake arm, which with your setup will center the straddle on the HT (the rear brake does use the inner barrel to bring the arms closer to the rim and reduce incidence of hitting them with your heel), also point the front quick release up towards the fork, not forward.

Lastly, the cable stop for the rear derailleur on these frame does not use a ferrule but rather an adjustable/threaded cable stop (same goes for the rear brake cable stop above).

See here :

DSC_3723.jpg

Hi
very very nice bike,
but I dont understand about Octalink BB and Bullseye crankset?!?!?

mkozaczek":37kgoxfv said:
I'd say try a snorkel on the stem, will allow you to use shorter housing with a cleaner run. Also, I feel that the straddle cable on the front brakes should use the outer barrel inside the brake arm, which with your setup will center the straddle on the HT (the rear brake does use the inner barrel to bring the arms closer to the rim and reduce incidence of hitting them with your heel), also point the front quick release up towards the fork, not forward.

Lastly, the cable stop for the rear derailleur on these frame does not use a ferrule but rather an adjustable/threaded cable stop (same goes for the rear brake cable stop above).

See here :

DSC_3723.jpg

Solid points MK. Re: the snorkel, I'm getting in Frank's queue for a stem upgrade, thus the current setup. For the cockpit and cable run, I'll look at that this weekend when I get back home. Makes sense what you are suggesting but I need to have it in front of me.

I'm not sure if I have any threaded cable hangers in the bin. Have to check into that. If I do I'll send you a pair for the 88 Harlequin FRO you restored.

pPIMeK.jpg

Thanks all for your comments and input guys. Much appreciated.

On the octalink question, I meant to say hollowtech. I think I was a little tipsy when I typed this up. I used shims sourced through Gil that enable me to confidently run a shimano hollwtech BB and not worry with my bullseye bb getting trashed. Hope that helps.

Back