1991 Funk Pro Comp

Great job Ian. You put some time into these builds when you're about :)

Re:

Here's my '91 Funk- I've had it about 20 years, now set up as a road/town bike with slicks...

Attachments

• My '91 Funk.jpg
    My '91 Funk.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 610
Re:

ez054098

That is lovely!

Thanks man! I'm over the moon with how she rides and looks :)

Great job Ian. You put some time into these builds when you're about :)

Thanks Adrian :) I'm kinda quite passionate about the hobby at the minute :) its a great hobby and sport.
The bug has bitten hard this year :)

FairfaxPat

Here's my '91 Funk- I've had it about 20 years, now set up as a road/town bike with slicks...

Hi FairfaxPat , nice to see it getting used, is it mainly used for road work now , or does it see any dirt ??

I follow your postings over in the off topic forum , cool man :cool: :D

Ian

Re:

Mine is strictly on the road these days, I have a lightweight modern 5 inch travel disc brake dirt bike that I love, and ride exclusively in the dirt :)

Re:

:shock: Hey thanks fella's , kind words indeed, funnily enough I had this out for a spin today :) , those eagle eye'd amongst you will notice a couple of small changes, and use of non matching parts :oops:

Since completing this build , ..I'd only had the opportunity to ride this baby a total of three times prior to front Ringle NOS hub failure , after which I'd :twisted: ....'popped' this away in a corner, like a naughty little boy :roll: , all back of the bus like, :|

Anyway today at 10.36 GMT the moon and another planet somewhere, aligned with Jupiter and the canary islands ... or was that china ! ? :shock: ... and it was time to get my Funk on!...

Thanks once again :) and hope you like the pics :)

Ian

Re:

A Stem change/tryout is underway with this beautiful ITM Titanium stem.

As the bike goes that fast, a brake upgrade was required, S.E Pederson deign brakes now stopping the two round spinny things, I may return to the Ritchey logics when the trails get a little dryer :)

Big ol Shimano wires pulling the anchors..

Handlebar change, more for width and colour than anything else, these bars , I've no idea of the branding, the logo went awol, they have a nicer sweep than the True Temper they replace, their also sub 130grams :)

as she stands currently..

Your thoughts, spear throwing and comments as always are welcomed :) :)

Ian

Back