Overburys Pioneer.

Re:

The History Man :)

Thanks I thought it was. funnily I had one fitted temporary , was not sure of the look , but after seeing yours (as it were :) ) I think it'll look fine :)

on a side note . . I'd love a Overburys original filleted stem :) do you know if they come up for sale very often , if at all ? , and what sort of prices do they command ? or is that a needle in a haystack scenario ? :facepalm: :LOL: :)

Re:

I look at it this way..... If you had bought the bike in 88' with full Campagnolo and then didn't like parts of it, would you have stuck with it in the future when better parts came out :?: :?: :?: :?:

And as for skinny tubes and Campag here is my take on it ;)

Attachments

• P1000536.JPG
    P1000536.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 570
Re:

kermitgreenkona88

I look at it this way..... If you had bought the bike in 88' with full Campagnolo and then didn't like parts of it, would you have stuck with it in the future when better parts came out :?: :?: :?: :?:

And as for skinny tubes and Campag here is my take on it ;)

Thats Very, Very nice Mark :) .. OK! lets run with Campagnolo for now .. :)

In all honesty I'd forget about trying to find an Overburys stem Ian. If one turns up then consider it a bonus. Admittedly the original Euclid groupset can look a bit clunky, in parts, but show me a decent Italian frameset from a similar era that isn't skinny and steel

Re:

kermitgreenkona88

Thank you :D

Would a Suntour roller cam on the back be too outlandish

:| Suntour and Campagnolo :shock: , your kidding right !!! **** :LOL: :LOL:

In all honesty I'd forget about trying to find an Overburys stem Ian. If one turns up then consider it a bonus. Admittedly the original Euclid groupset can look a bit clunky, in parts, but show me a decent Italian frameset from a similar era that isn't skinny and steel
Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:34 pm

Cheers Adrian, My thoughts had started to turn toward getting a custom fillet stem made by the likes of Ricky feathers (his work looks crazy nice), I think a fillet stem would flow beautifully with the frame , but on the other hand , not sure if it's a bit too far, or indeed how much something like that would cost to manufacture ? and if it would be worth it :)

***** Mark, Hmmmm. ssshhhh!! ;) hmmm sounds a bit leftfield, never thought of the roller cam designs :) , could work :) but what would the purists think :facepalm: :LOL:

Re:

Purists shmurists just don't tell em :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Spoiler alert for my next incoming project (Poor pic :oops: )

Attachments

• P1000741.JPG
    P1000741.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 543
Re:

:shock: :shock: MY EYES !!! :| :| :facepalm: :facepalm:

:D Mark,, I mean HOW could you :LOL: :LOL:

:cool: Top one , nice one mark :) .. That'll really put the cat amongst it !! :facepalm:

Re:

Seen this one :?:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suntour-xcd-r ... SwN6JY90kd

I'd not seen that one to be honest Mark , :) , looks ok, not sure though, I'm actually thinking along the lines of a Pederson type U brake as I have a spare front Scott pederson, although not totally period :facepalm: , having used this design brake on other bikes, I know how good they are :) :? :D , thoughts ?

Ian

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back