Overburys Pioneer.

Re:

Looks a lot like it to me, and I loved to see it ridden, on our local retro rides! :cool:

Re:

Hi , The History Man , Yes it was buddy. :)

Hi Mike.. How you doing buddy :) , Hopefully I'll make one of the rides this year at some point , currently two problems with that happening 1. Bloody Work , and 2. Which bike :oops: :)

Signing in for updates - that's a lovely looking frame :)

Nice one Ian. Look forward, as always, to your build

Re:

Hi guys, thanks for the positive comments, SI_33 it is indeed a lovely frame, although I'd say it's more beautiful than lovely :oops: ;)

Adrian cheers buddy, hopefully I'll do this one proud :D , xxnick1975 I'm not totally sold on campagnolo on this frame, aesthetically I'm not too sure if the chunkiness of campagnolo will suit the beautifully filleted tubes ?

Anyway that in mind, and no doubt if the the campagnolo doesn't sit right with the frame, the components will be moved onto another project on the horizon :facepalm: , but for now I'm steaming ahead,,

Incoming parts..

Currently I've a major stumbling block, and it's got me proper scratching my head,

The cockpit area.

I'm not over keen on the Euclid brake levers or thumbshifters, ... the bullet shifters , I like the idea off, especially the clean lines but I've heard they are a total nightmare to setup ,maintain , and use :facepalm: , any one have any expereince with these ?

Thoughts are now heading toward the record/Icarus thumbshifter, and brake levers, as they are a much asthetically nicer design but they were not released until 1992 :|

Another small but nagging issue is the two finger , short lever design on the Icarus/record o.r. brake levers as opposed to the full length more period correct 4 finger type on the Euclid group.

I'm not sure if to break the rules , source and fit these , and throw caution to the wind or if they would look totally out of place :( , opinions would be very welcome :)

This 88 pioneer frame has a rear 'U' brake , so it's looking like it'll have to be the Euclid 'U' brake on the rear and cantilevers on the front, must admit I'm really not keen on the look of these, so any one have any other suggestions for period brakes that would look and work well ?

Then after that area has been sorted , it's down to the stem and handlebar :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back