Spring Project #1: 14.5" Zaskar LE - FINISHED!

Re:

Progress? Nothing to see here, move along.

Seriously, been busy with spring Project 3 and f#$@ing about trying to resolve the case of the self harming vit t2. This one is still a box of parts and a half polished frame. Only change is its now hanging in the garage rather than in the shed.

I really hope to crack on before too long but everything keeps getting in the way!

Re: Spring Project #1: 14.5" Zaskar LE

Nearly got out in the sunshine yesterday to finish the polishing phase.... but ended up taking the boy swimming instead. Oh how priorities change....

for the record, still no progress getting the frame finished. I have however a few spec decisions to make....

Forks - I have some blue GT cro mo forks that fit, and I have some blue RST XMO forks that fit. I also have some spare bomber z1 but I think they would be too much. Thoughts? I keep leaning towards the rigid just for fun, I have the chameleon for a front sus / hardtail so think I'll go with the rigid forks to start with. However I do like the comfort of the bouncy forks.

other than that Im looking at normal 26" wheels (LX/Syncros big box in black or LX/D521 in silver, undecided), and I think mostly XT clobber in the box.

I'm HOPING that the progress with spring project #3 which is taking a turn will mean I get more time in the shed so can get this moving before too long.

Re:

Will keep an eye on this.... :cool: I'm also going through the 'polishing' phase on my '91 Zaskar.... (saved from being skipped :facepalm: ) look forward to seeing this coming along. I can sympathize too as time is scarce and my build keeps screaming out at me to get on with it haha.

RickTheUncivil":26xpnc66 said:
for the record, still no progress getting the frame finished. I have however a few spec decisions to make....

Forks - I have some blue GT cro mo forks that fit, and I have some blue RST XMO forks that fit. I also have some spare bomber z1 but I think they would be too much. Thoughts? I keep leaning towards the rigid just for fun, I have the chameleon for a front sus / hardtail so think I'll go with the rigid forks to start with. However I do like the comfort of the bouncy forks.

other than that Im looking at normal 26" wheels (LX/Syncros big box in black or LX/D521 in silver, undecided), and I think mostly XT clobber in the box.

Out of those fork options, deffo the rigid GT forks. However, If you're going mostly XT, you can't go wrong with the classic red Judy DH. Oh, and XT thumbies (so you can jam the chain against the big ring for those really gnarly bits of downhill -- proper old Skool style!).

I vote ridged as well. Not that my vote counts. But I like the idea of an early style build. They seem to have a bit more character.

..... a 2 year hiatus whilst other things happen...

And we're back polishing again!

Damn this glorious weather, its bloody hard work just standing still. But great to be doing SOMETHING bike-ish for a change.

Latest posts

Back