Fresh from the Time Machine ... 1988 Ritchey Ultra

jimi911

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I have seen and been lucky enough to own some mint original bikes, but this one's completely ridiculous ...

1988 Ritchey Ultra - Odometer reading in meters :shock:

All cleaned up ... more to come :D

Re: Fresh from the Time Machine ...

I'm kinda fuzzy on how this bike can exist.

My best guess is that it was some sort of custom order or something - it's got a pump peg - it shouldn't have that.

A buddy of mine that's more of a road guy found it and offered it to me. He pulled it out of an old bike stores storage I think. Apparently the original seat was removed - I changed the post and seat, dusted it off, and there you go. It's got a few storage marks, but it's in silly condition.

Your bike of course but I prefer a black seat on it. Gives it a very dark, professional look, imo. :)

Jumphigher":ay12rv54 said:
Your bike of course but I prefer a black seat on it. Gives it a very dark, professional look, imo. :)

It would be nice in black as well. I tried black and yellow saddles for kicks. I do have a thing for a black bike with a white seat though. Second time I have gone to that well ...

Love Ritchey steel. Thats a tasty build. What pedals will be fitted?

Its got a set of XT732s on it now. My buddy has the XT731s somewhere ... hes gotta get those them me still.

Back