I gotta .....Serotta!

Antstark

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
I have been after a good condition, quality steel frame that I could build in to a summer rider for a while now. I wasn't after a garage queen (got enough of those!), but nothing too tired either. When a rather tasty T-MAX frame popped up in the FS section i just had to grab it!

In my early twenties I was happy enough just to own the catalogue but never thought I would actually own one. I have always wanted a MAX OR built frame!

This frame is proper 'Antstark sized' at 21". The colour is more subtle that the usual Serotta flamboyance and is very similar to Fat Chance Kandy Cherry Red. The sparkles in the paint really pop in the sun light set off by the almost neon decals.

My build choice for this one is relatively simple and luckily the stock catalogue options align pretty much with my all time favorite part specs. I am going to go for the 'XT Plus' option.....M735, Syncros, Mavic 231CD ......If that doesn't scream consummate retro I don't know what does! :D

Attachments

• ser5.JPG
    ser5.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,332
  • ser4.JPG
    ser4.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 1,331
  • ser7.JPG
    ser7.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,331
  • ser8.JPG
    ser8.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 1,331
  • ser6.JPG
    ser6.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,332
  • ser3.JPG
    ser3.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,332
Re:

Unfortunately the frame didn't come with the MAX OR fork, it was specd from new with MAG21s......so that is what its getting!

I picked up this truly minty set of lowers and then thanks to Stu a NOS 1" threaded crown arrived tout suite from Canada to complete the fork

Got the party started today with some of the south coasts finest engineering. The big 'R' Bottom bracket fitted.......and then forgotten.

122mm to fit an XT M730 chain set obviously

Attachments

• ser2.JPG
    ser2.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,316
  • ser1.JPG
    ser1.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,316
  • ser9.JPG
    ser9.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,316
Re:

One of the best handling bikes ever made but they need the Mag forks cos these are STIFF !

Re: I gotta .....

Signing in for updates - great project :)

Re: I gotta .....

Thanks Tony ...yeah not by design though, you've just gotta grab them when they turn up. I have decided to go less quantity, more quality this year so I am clearing out loads from the cave

Which.....is where I found this in an old Jiffy bag :roll: ..don't even remember buying it, but reckon it will sit nicely up front on this build

Tc":18mk7ovh said:
Jees Ant you've acquired some gems recently.

Attachments

• IMG_3814.JPG
    IMG_3814.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,123
Re:

Had a bit of time today so thought I'd get the frame attached to the forks.

There is of course only one headset choice :cool:

It all went together so suspiciously easily I got the stem bars and seating sorted too

Attachments

• IMG_3921.JPG
    IMG_3921.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,025
  • IMG_3923.JPG
    IMG_3923.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 1,025
  • IMG_3922.JPG
    IMG_3922.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 1,025
Back