My Son’s first retro – A homage to the man - DONE (Page 6)

Re: My Son’s first retro – A homage to the man

Your sons lucky I've got all daughters non of them interested in bikes built them 1s in the past still in my shed.been looking at this thread over a couple of week nice build would of loved something like that myself when I was that age.keep up the good work be keeping an eye on this further cheers rod

Re:

Having delivered his old bike to its new owner last night the pressure is definitely on to get this one done. Spokes arrived yesterday so I'll finish the back wheel tomorrow. Been playing with the cockpit tonight. Found a rarer than rare thing ..a set of uncracked Gripshift X rays!

I was all set up to go proper JMC with the green shifter covers and yellow Ules, but was told in no uncertain terms by my son that "that looks s#ite". I blame his mother for the foul mouth.
It's his bike I guess so we went safe with black. I am fully expecting to have to cut down the bars a little but it's looking pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMG_3542.JPG
    IMG_3542.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 549
  • IMG_3541.JPG
    IMG_3541.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 549
  • IMG_3543.JPG
    IMG_3543.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 549

He's a very lucky boy.

My son got to ride The Broom.

Re:

Finally found a diacompe aheadset..not sure if I am going to stay with it but it'll keep the build going. Will get everything fitted properly tomorrow.

Rear wheel built this morning so couldn't resist another couple of mock up pics.

Mechs sorted now too..can't go wrong with M737/9 :D

Attachments

• IMG_3583.JPG
    IMG_3583.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_3584.JPG
    IMG_3584.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_3586.JPG
    IMG_3586.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 498

I wondered who'd spot that..if I was giving out prizes you'd be the winner :? :oops:

Factory Jackson":2osgq7fb said:
Really coming along now.

Front tyre's on backwards mind ;-)

Re:

Back tyre as well?

I love the gripshift and Sram equivalents I have Ant.

Coming together nicely

Mike

Re: Re:

Antstark":1lubmp3c said:
Having delivered his old bike to its new owner last night the pressure is definitely on to get this one done.
Gah, I was just about to tap you up for the 24" wheels on the old bike!

Anyway, the Spesh is looking awesome. Going through a father/son Retrobike build myself at the moment and loving it. They make such great kids' bikes compared to the massively heavy or astonishingly expensive new bikes.

Back