Breath of fresh air a new project dawes wildcat

rodtrotters74

Retro Guru
Well think I'm getting to be a hoarder this year the keepie bikes are out weighing the 1s for sale.well having a few unfinished projects to do but can't finish as need to sell a couple of my other bikes to finish them off and funds misses finding out there's more in paypal than she thought and cleaned me out.all I need is another because I'm bored then Saturday neighbour over the way Facebook to misses says my brothers old bikes in the shed do you want it.cant pass on a freeman's so here it is don't think its anything special but the older bikes seem to be creeping in a bit more to the hoard now.its a dawes wildcat not the original front wheel but the rear is original but going to try and find a matching rear to the front because it looks better let you judge.

Even though it looks like a bag of poo when I got it put some air in the tyres had to give it a go.considering it had been in as shed for 20 years rode a dream didn't miss a beat gear changes not a problem. But like I said probably nothing special but like to see the look on previous owners faces when they see their old bike brought back to life done a few over the years and it's so satisfying to see that smile well this is how it is now after stripping it sunday

So it's now Tuesday night nearly Wednesday this is how it stands now after a couple days of sanding getting it right without misses mithering for something or other everytime I pick something up or have oily hands and ask can you help put washing away lol

It has all sachs parts crank shifters etc but the front wheel is a weinmann patent

Would like to find a rear wheel or matching rim as never seen a rim that wide for a old rim rear wheel rim looks to puny against it.will post more pics next few days when I get a bit more done on it

Re:

I had one,looks in bad shape but original,its even on the original front tyre,good look with the build

Re:

I had one too! Pink and green, with unicrown forks. Fairly sure it was a '91. Reynolds 500 frame, lugged n brazed. A bit weighty, with full 300LX but rode well. In fact it's the bike that reminded me how much fun off-roading is, and I've never forgotten since. Good luck with the resto

Regards

Marge

Been well busy the last week got a few more bits done on it just cleaning the bits up in between running round everywhere.so managed to get the frame sprayed and half put back together.

After cleaning and polishing this is now how it stands at the moment give the big push for weekend and hope to be on it at least

Latest posts

Back