Raleigh Torus.

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just taken delivery of one of my all time favourite retro bikes.
My plan is to strip this down and give the frame & fork a good polish.
One negative about this bike is one of the twin stems has a couple of breaks.
I'm sure finding a replacement would be near impossible. But I will keep an eye out for one.
But I will be using this on road mainly.
But I'm very happy having this bike.

Attachments

• IMG_1806.JPG
    IMG_1806.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 2,689
  • IMG_1805.JPG
    IMG_1805.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 2,692
Nice. Pity about the stem. I agree the Torus has to be a favorite. Look forward to seeing how you get on.

What a beauty! I think if it were me I'd have the stems remade by an engineering firm as it will surely be a very long search.

thanks for the comments.
i found a tube of autosol in my shed and polished some of the top tube, it came up lovely.
i really think this could be my retrobike for life now.
my wife wasnt impressed when she found me taking yet another bike box out of the boot of the car.
she's been mithering me for new glasses for ages, i suppose its a fair trade, i get my unicron, she get to see better.
ive message rampage to see if he can help me.
i will post more pics as i go along.

:cool: Very nice, and a shame about the stem, but you never know, someone may hopefully have a spare.

Look forward to seeing more pictures :) have added a pic of mine which has the matt finish which i kind of like and decided to leave as is and not add decals either. Are you planning on adding any to yours? you could put x-lite ones on as well as i think they are the same frame if i remember correctly.

Attachments

• P1010105 (Medium).JPG
    P1010105 (Medium).JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 2,608
nice bike. i like the matt finish, but i also like the mirror finish as well. but i just like titanium in any form.
regarding decals i'm not sure yet i will see how it looks when i have finished rebuilding.

Re:

All stripped down now, ready to polish. There is an issue with one of the bottle cage holder bolts spinning in the hole.
But it came apart quite well.

Attachments

• IMG_1812.JPG
    IMG_1812.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 2,551
  • IMG_1813.JPG
    IMG_1813.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 2,551
  • IMG_1811.JPG
    IMG_1811.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 2,555
videojetman":n512wyvp said:
i like the matt finish, but i also like the mirror finish as well. but i just like titanium in any form.
regarding decals i'm not sure yet i will see how it looks when i have finished rebuilding.

Me too, anything titanium!. My Dynatech is the matt finish, but I have an Orange with polished finish. Still would like another polished Dynatech though :facepalm:

81ab7a0e-801c-4b95-a46d-fd2226803ad2_zps6qi1mlot.jpg

Back