1994 Fat Chance Titanium Garage Find

Re:

eye candy!

FatChanceWelds1.jpg

Re:

The 94 FAT Ti is the BEST they ever made. :cool: Those flawless welds which NEVER crack, as they were done so meticulously inside an inert Argos gas purge :cool:

Wow, what an amazing find. Why do I only ever find junk in barns and garages?!

You're doing a lovely job on the restoration. The blue Zokes look made for it. Can't wait to see this one finished.

Re:

Checking in for updates. Super find that. Great call on the forks. Loving the photoshoot too.

Hey Nik, Do you know if you take the URL tags out of the photobucket link (i.e. just leave txt between the IMG tags) then the photos you post here won't take everybody back to you PB albums when they tap on the image to expand it. Nice golf tho.

Re:

It was interesting reading Martin K's review of the 97 WTB Phoenix Ti on FB recently. Those have all the same incredible ride and handling characteristics of these FAT Tis from 94 onwards ( a 97-99 would be a direct comparison with greater sus travel geo ). They used overside custom spec Ti tubing for rigidity, then painstakingly butted the ends with a lathe. The result is a super stiff, quick handling, yet such a comfortable frame for all day riding. The geo means it handles with stability on the climbs ( no twisty BB resulting in loss if grip on loose stuff and creaking BBs) and fast descents.I always found early Merlins and Hei Heis etc were quite whippy, esp in the BB when you stepped on it and pretty 'hairy' on fast rutty descents.

Apart from having disc brakes, i doubt a modern HT rides any better today.

Re: Re:

M-Power":zr8a7b7k said:
Apart from having disc brakes, i doubt a modern HT rides any better today.

thats what I thought ,.. even 20+ years old it still feels and rides amazing

Back