My Son’s first retro – A homage to the man - DONE (Page 6)

Re:

Thanks for the comments guys I am really enjoying this one. :D

So whilst I wait for the BBQ to heat up I thought I'd dig out the brakes I'd chosen. I am probably getting ahead of myself a bit but I cant resist looking at shiny things.

The "Dirt" bike had Avid Tri-Align cantis with Ultimate levers .....we weren't going there with this one that's for sure!

Staying with the brief to achieve the look, low weight and also recognizing the ergonomics of an 11 year are somewhat different to an adult then I need a small brake lever with good reach adjustment. I went through the list M600, SS5, SS7 even bought some Avid SD.....but nothing was doing it from a look perspective.

We were doing well on budget so far, but in the end I relented and bought these when they popped up on the forum. :roll: A bit of an extravagance but they are absolutely perfect for the job. ...I have told him these maybe the only levers he is ever getting from me........ever!

At the action end I am going for NOS Diacompe 987 cantis. Super light and good performance. I have ditched the totally inadequate stock blocks and gone with red fibrax. At almost double the size of the diacompe ones they should do the business in the stopping department.

Attachments

• IMG_3447.JPG
    IMG_3447.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 584
  • IMG_3448.JPG
    IMG_3448.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 584
  • IMG_3449.JPG
    IMG_3449.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 584
Re:

:LOL:

Lovely project Ant, can't wait to see it finished!

Surely you are going to do an ad in the steerer swap thread. It's a lot of wasted tube otherwise mate. Or will there ba a lot of spacers used ?

Mike

Re: Re:

You mean not just savagely hack the end off like I normally would ? :D

Mike Muz 67":1sra1zvg said:
:LOL:
Lovely project Ant, can't wait to see it finished!

Surely you are going to do an ad in the steerer swap thread. It's a lot of wasted tube otherwise mate. Or will there ba a lot of spacers used ?

Mike

Re: My Son’s first retro – A homage to the man

OMG this ticks all the boxes - red / tiny / Specialized . . . and then you go and throw an Azonic Shorty on it too :p :cool:

Re:

Very cool build.
I loved building my sons 1st retro steed and he loves riding it.

Getting the colour matched project 2's back soon.
And funnily enough it also came from Adrian :D

Back