Ritchey Commando Size 16" -In progress

Re:

i myself don't understand why the OP thought he needed to repaint the frame, from the pictures of the original finish, it didn't look to be in very bad condition at all and a few light touch ups at most would have sufficed i think. i'll be honest to say that i am quite appalled by the end result of the repaint as it doesn't even remotely come close to matching the original and to be very honest it now looks quite hideous to me. i would be QUITE angry at the painter if this happened to me.

if it was me, i would have had just the stem and/or fork painted first to match as a test and see the results of that before committing to the frame. sadly what's done is done, and hopefully the OP has learnt from this tragic mistake.

but as for the criticism to the OP, particularly to the reference to the fresco, please read the follow up to that story. because of it, the town's economy is now booming due to it bringing tourists to see this "fiasco" from that particular restoration:

Botched Restoration of Jesus Fresco Miraculously Saves Spanish Town

also from Wikipedia (i couldn't post direct link to the page in this post for some reason):
Tourist success

The interest from tourists was such that the church began charging to see the fresco.[19] In the year following the failed restoration, tourist activity generated 40,000 visits and more than €50,000 for a local charity.[20][21] Giménez has sought a share of the royalties. Giménez's lawyer said that she wanted her share of the profits to help muscular dystrophy charities, because her son suffers from the condition.[22][23] By 2016, tourist numbers to the town had increased from 6,000 to 57,000; in addition to spending money with local businesses, visitors have donated some €50,000 to the church. The money has been used to employ additional attendants at the church and to fund an old people's home.[24] On 16 March 2016, an interpretation centre dedicated to the artwork was opened in Borja.[25]

As far as I am concerned, the O.P. built himself a great rider (I like the finished product, pastel tones and all) ... and unless the original frame and paint were some sort of super rare, highly collectible ultra-gem which would have been significantly devalued because of a re-spray ... who cares if the thing was re-painted.

I think the finished product turned out to be a great piece of riding delight ...

k-rod":3h1c86mq said:
and unless the original frame and paint were some sort of super rare, highly collectible ultra-gem which would have been significantly devalued because of a re-spray

Well it was.

One of the early posts on the thread mentioned that only maybe about 10 were made in this particular size. I don't know how many exist, if any, in original condition. One thing is for sure. There is one fewer.

Back