Stolen dream bike found 26 years later? Fat Chance (TC)!

Re:

The light to dark metallic green fade is my favourite Fat Chance paint job:

IB_Fat_Chance_Yo_Eddy-1024x682.jpg

Re: Dream Bike Stolen - Found 26 Years Later? Fat Chance (TC)!!!

Xerxes, that is lovely! But doesn't it make you think of Yo Eddys and not earlier Fat Chance models? Pre 1990 wasn't the only 'fade' on Fats the sponge stipple fade?

user2037_pic546_1359009994 by shamalama88, on Flickr

That's pretty darn cool, and perhaps the original inspiration for the aquafade?...

Re:

I guess it all comes down to how original or period correct you want to be. Personally, I'm happy to take a mix and match approach and just put together something I like. Over the years I have bought three brand new bicycles from a shop and not one of them remained original for more than a few weeks, there would always be something I would want to change.

shamobius":sflx700l said:
Xerxes, that is lovely! But doesn't it make you think of Yo Eddys and not earlier Fat Chance models? Pre 1990 wasn't the only 'fade' on Fats the sponge stipple fade?

user2037_pic546_1359009994 by shamalama88, on Flickr

That's pretty darn cool, and perhaps the original inspiration for the aquafade?...

Think that was a 'sponge fade', possibly done by Wendell B. She was into experimentation. There were quite a few unusual paint jobs from FCC in the 80s.

this is literally a "second chance" you've been given with this frameset (pun intended)… i say go for something wild, different and unique to mark it as such, and not a typical Fat paint scheme that's been done before.

that's my 2¢ :cool:

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":olymlsuf said:
M-Power":olymlsuf said:
Intriguing one this, we he go classic or wild and free :cool:

I would be on the phone to Leni Fried..... ;)

I've been in contact with Leni recently & 3-8k gets you a work of art!

Re: Re:

Tc":1td1c7qz said:
mynchiboy":1td1c7qz said:
M-Power":1td1c7qz said:
Intriguing one this, we he go classic or wild and free :cool:

I would be on the phone to Leni Fried..... ;)

I've been in contact with Leni recently & 3-8k gets you a work of art!

Mmm..surely this is the perfect canvas? Team Comp with something cool by Leni paint wise would be pretty awesome!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to updates on this one :)

Latest posts

Back