(slightly late) 2017 Mayhem Project - Sintesi Hantrax

Re: Mayhem project

Bring the Activator... I'm taking a Kirk :shock:

Hang a few decent parts on it and we could have a couple of "Pigs wearing Lipstick"

Bank holiday progress...
Linkage rebuild, headset and forks. Needs a good clean before go any further.
And STILL can't budge the rear mech

Attachments

• tmp_7739-DSC_0372510642080.jpg
    tmp_7739-DSC_0372510642080.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,078
  • tmp_7739-DSC_03692099632069.jpg
    tmp_7739-DSC_03692099632069.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,077

That's got all the Makings of a really nice bike.

I bet the silver frame really popped when new, it still looks good even in its tarnished state, so glad you and Dan had the vision and know how to save it

the red really suits it as well.

Re:

That's a great looking project, looking forward to seeing it at Mayhem.

just hoping it rides OK once its together. Next job on the list is cleaning the componenets but I'm trying to get the d@#n rear mech to let go of the frame and its having none of it.

I intend to leave the BB in for now as it feels ok, plus I am assuming its italian threaded (could be wrong of of course) so would have nothing to replace it with anyway! Everything else just needs the old gunk scraping off and some nice clean gunk putting on. Keeping some of the parts that came with it but plenty of 'new' parts going to add:

forks: indy xc out coz they were a bit tatty, bomber z2 in (ex project vit t2)
wheels: LX/WTB out as a bit tatty, LX/D521s going in I think (ex zaskar). tyres TBC.
bars: xlite silver out as tatty, xlite reds going in (bought on here somewhere)
headset: diacompe out, shiny red king unit in. (swapped on here)
stem: specialized stem out, art stem in (ex zaskar)
chainset: LX at the mo, might change for a sugino set, might not.
saddle: vetta unit is ripped and tatty, have a similar unit in good nick for straight swap (ex backwoods)
shock: unsure of make on this (any ideas?), might change it if it doesnt ride well.

plenty to do still!

update on this ..... it isn't working.

I still cant shift the rear mech, need to get aggressive with it.
But more importantly, I removed the bolt from the pivot at the NDS dropout so I could use it as template for a replacement which wasn't all pitted and old. Trouble is finding a replacement the right shape and size proved impossible, so I need to get something made up special. Not the end of the worls, just pop the old one back in for now and worry about that later.

Now where did I put that bolt? :facepalm:

So for the time being this project has hit the wall (literally, its strapped up ont he wall out of the way) and the mayhem project looks destined to fail. Bit peeved to be honest, I hate it when a plan doesn't come together.

Re: 2017 Mayhem Project - Sintesi Hantrax

Have you got a pic of the bolt. the decommissioned fs broom has bolts/pivots going begging. they might suit.

Back