'94 GT Zaskar Aqua (all dead photobucket links)

Re:

Your Zaskar's still looking good Sean. :cool:

I do love that aqua blue, it's one of my favourite colours for them.

Re: '94 GT Zaskar Aqua

That is the perfect combination of 2 of my favorite things. A Zaskar and a marzocchi bomber. Now that I've nearly got my zaskar le back to factory spec I think I want an avalanche or similar to just build with fun parts. I love the way your bike looks. Keep it up.

Looking as good as ever.

They do ride so well when fully rigid, I never really got on with the Bombers on mine.

Re:

I find that any fork longer than 420mm tends to push the front end up more than intended, hence why i have the stem inverted at the moment, but i get on quite well with my bombers. Theyre only short travel ones after all. From now on the zaskar is going to stay fully rigid, I might see how i get on with rigid forks and the wide tyres but i have slicks waiting as well

Sean

Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":17vkfk6r said:
New front end mock up: on one/thomson/easton :cool:

That looks great mate so what size tyres are you thinking of as i've got 2.1 inch on my old Fox Courier and i've just enough clearance betweeen the tyres and frame n forks but the positive is theirs plenty of bounce to cushion against bad road surfaces and rough trails ..

Love the chopping and changing you've done to this bike over the years.

Would love a '94 Aqua Zaskar in 16". One day one will turn up for sale.

Muddy paw":1f2k7ol7 said:
SEANSTEPHENS":1f2k7ol7 said:
New front end mock up: on one/thomson/easton :cool:

That looks great mate so what size tyres are you thinking of as i've got 2.1 inch on my old Fox Courier and i've just enough clearance betweeen the tyres and frame n forks but the positive is theirs plenty of bounce to cushion against bad road surfaces and rough trails ..

Im gonna stick with the 2.25's for now, for that reason. Clearence isnt really an issue on the Zaskar though, i reckon i could squeeze a 2.4 in there. I was thinking of getting some semi slicks like conti travel connect in 1.75, with the idea that they are the best of both worlds. i have some schwalbe city jets already but i will still go off road for which they would be useless :?

Factory Jackson":1f2k7ol7 said:
Love the chopping and changing you've done tohis bike over the years.

Would love a '94 Aqua Zaskar in 16". One day one will turn up for sale.

its been a trial and error approach to finding the best set up, however my intended use for the bike has changed a couple times since i bought it in '13 :facepalm:

SEANSTEPHENS":3lm10el8 said:
Im gonna stick with the 2.25's for now, for that reason. Clearence isnt really an issue on the Zaskar though, i reckon i could squeeze a 2.4 in there. I was thinking of getting some semi slicks like conti travel connect in 1.75, with the idea that they are the best of both worlds. i have some schwalbe city jets already but i will still go off road for which they would be useless :? .

I might look into fitting 2.25's to my Raliegh at a later date but yes i should imagine their excellent at cushioning against shock so it's no surprise your sticking with them for the time being and i didn't realise the Zasker had that much clearance tbh .

I've never looked into geting conti travel connect tyres but i think i'd be tempted if they do a 1.95 but the 1.75's would give less rolling resistance as for the city jets i have to agree that they would be pretty useless off road so maybe you could sell them in the classifide section and at least get something for them ..

Muddy paw":30xonvn7 said:
SEANSTEPHENS":30xonvn7 said:
Im gonna stick with the 2.25's for now, for that reason. Clearence isnt really an issue on the Zaskar though, i reckon i could squeeze a 2.4 in there. I was thinking of getting some semi slicks like conti travel connect in 1.75, with the idea that they are the best of both worlds. i have some schwalbe city jets already but i will still go off road for which they would be useless :? .

I might look into fitting 2.25's to my Raliegh at a later date but yes i should imagine their excellent at cushioning against shock so it's no surprise your sticking with them for the time being and i didn't realise the Zasker had that much clearance tbh .

I've never looked into geting conti travel connect tyres but i think i'd be tempted if they do a 1.95 but the 1.75's would give less rolling resistance as for the city jets i have to agree that they would be pretty useless off road so maybe you could sell them in the classifide section and at least get something for them ..

I know what you mean about the 1.75s, a 1.95 would be better. although i think the zaskar looks too plain with black walls, so id only buy a tyre with some sort of skin or tan wall, which admittedly narrows the choice quite dramatically. And yes, even with the 2.25" tyres i can still fit my thumb in the gap between the tyre and the chainstays

Sean :)

Back