1992 Slingshot (Done page 2)

No :( Still snow and ice where I live in Norway. Starting to thaw but freezes overnight, so ice everywhere. Will hopefully be gone soon...

Smithjss70":11a2klus said:
Great job man. Have you thrown a leg over it yet? Quirky ride those SlingShots.

I'll say it again, great bike/build!

Build questions though....

Why did you move away from the Syncros Revolutions cranks and opt for an Answer Hyperlite bar over Syncros bar?
Why not the full Syncros kit (very fitting on Slingshots btw).

Looking forward to the ride report. I've always enjoyed mine a great deal. Not for everyone.

Good questions ;)

Well, the crank left the house because I was offered some Marinovative Decelerator´s for them that I wanted for my Clark Kent. I thought the original black XT crank would be a good choice with og black xt hubs, brakes, etc etc. Everything is black XT. So a nice fit. Even though I agree a revo would be nice. But then again, revo is a usual crank on this, so fun to do something else.

The Syncros bar I had was to new. I did not realise that at first. But it was 96ish I would guess. Or else I would have used it. I thought the hyperlite was more fitting age wise, but maybe not?

Although it is an original fork I would guess that in 93(?) this would come with a threaded fork? The best would probably be to get the fork threaded and use a Syncros quill stem, but at this point I just wanted to build. ;) I can change that later on if I wan´t to.

rumpfy":1xjp2q3f said:
I'll say it again, great bike/build!

Build questions though....

Why did you move away from the Syncros Revolutions cranks and opt for an Answer Hyperlite bar over Syncros bar?
Why not the full Syncros kit (very fitting on Slingshots btw).

Looking forward to the ride report. I've always enjoyed mine a great deal. Not for everyone.

Latest posts

Back