1991 Brodie Catalyst refurb

Re:

Ahhhh....totally rings a bell now! I remember vaguely reading about your frame. Seems like the posts were moved to accommodate cantis as well. Powder coat looks great!!! Subscribed for this one!

Re:

Hi guys, a little time put to one side and it's time to share Paul's new decals (thanks Gil for the Brodie, Salsa and NOS Pace decals). I'm really pleased. Time for a glass and a gaze; do you know the wife calls it bike telly (?). I'll have to get some more time, as the need to build is massive! Peace and love, H.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 794
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 794
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 794
Re:

Drop those bar ends in line with the stem and it would be perfect... ;-)

Nowt like a bit of bike telly mate.

al.

Re:

Great looking frame, forks and stem – the orange sounded exciting but I think you did the right thing in keeping it white – it looks a quality classy job. Nice. Not sure about the blue bits but at least lower those bar ends towards horizontal or in line with stem ;)

Re:

A bit of an update for you all. I acquired some great condition Hope wheels, which subject to a refurb and a new matching rim have turned out fab. I couldn't resist some NOS Middleburn chain ring bolts on flee bay earlier this month, so on they went too. Sadly, the previous Pace fork decals bit the dust as I had problems with the canti studs, an event that got Lee to brake out his torch again. Anyhow, all has ended well now.

Just a bit of fettling now and it's time to hit the trails. That said, I can't help but think a replacement blue Middleburn spider might finish Paul off (anyone?).

So there you have it, 25 years ownership, one full refurb, countless bits and the journey continues. I enclose a build sheet below, peace and love, H.

Frame- Brodie Catalyst 1990 with modifications by Chas Roberts
Fork- Pace RC 35
Stem- Salsa roller
Seat Post- USE
Binder Bolt- X-Lite
headset- Mavic
Handlebars- USE
Bar Ends- USE
Grips- Ritchey lock on's
Chainset- Middleburn RS3
Rings- Middleburn 46 / 36 / 26
Chain- 8 speed
Pedals- Shinano spuds
BB- Shimano UN-72
Shifters- XT thumbies
Front Derailleur- XT M730
Rear Derailleur- XT M735 with Middleburn bolt
Cassette- LX 8 speed 11-28
Wheels- Front Hope Suspension / Mavic 317 / DT Spokes & Rear Hope Hyperglide / Ti freehub / Mavic 317 / DT Spokes
Tyres- Panaracer Cinder 1.95
QR's- Hope
Brake Levers- X-Lite Chicken Stix
Brake Cantilevers- Machine Tech

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 715
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 715
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 715
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 714
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 714
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 715
Very nice, my size too :)

And there is a blue spider on the bay at the moment.

Mark

Re:

Hi guys, a post ride clean and Paul rides as good as ever. Just a few small changes, notably a blue Middleburn spider plus bolts, a pair of NOS Spuds and some Z-Max's for the pics. Thanks for all the previous kind words, support, keen pricing and accommodating swops; the fruit of our labours is before you.

I'm on the hunt for some XTR M950/1/2 for another build, so as one journey begins another recommences on the trail.

Peace and love, H.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 553
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 553
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 554
  • image.jpg