Re:

Stem and cranks Fresh out of the tumbling machine and ready go to paint
pmKu9FMdj

Anyone know the paint code for the early pace 100 stems and cranks
It does not look luminous yellow like the later rc100

Many thanks
Malc

Re:

Didn't go for the neon yellow on my build either.
Was after the colour in the pic with Adrian Carter below....
So went with metallic yellow (Glazurit MY005.55)
Appears a solid yellow but has a slight metallic tinge to it.

Bear in mind though, the decals from Gil_m match the neon yellow.
If you chose the metallic yellow, you'll have to order matching decals.

Contact Gil_m if you choose to go this route. He's been of invaluable help with mine....and he's a fellow RC100 owner!

Cheers
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 915
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 914
Re:

Thanks for the pictures boy o boy
They are a big help
I might get the parts powder coated as I can get this done very cheap via work
So I think the nearest to yours and the original is ral 1003

pnp7bzBJp

Update after going to the powder coaters its I think ral 1018 is closer in real life
We will find out next week :D

Re:

Going back to the seat tube mod...

The extended seat tube was prone to cracking, due to the thin gauge lightweight seat posts commonly use back then, the seat posts flexed and in turn fatigued the seat tube extension.
Duncan's answer to this failure was to cut the extension off and replace it with the RC200 seat clamp, hence your frame. It's hard to tell from the photos but if the black finish is almost a flat black it could be a factory finish after the seat clamp work.
There was a batch of F1 frames that were finished in a black anodized finish by a alloy window firm, giving a super durable black finish, guess yours could have been done at the same time.

Re: Re:

gil_m":1k4afhjm said:
Going back to the seat tube mod...

The extended seat tube was prone to cracking, due to the thin gauge lightweight seat posts commonly use back then, the seat posts flexed and in turn fatigued the seat tube extension.
Duncan's answer to this failure was to cut the extension off and replace it with the RC200 seat clamp, hence your frame. It's hard to tell from the photos but if the black finish is almost a flat black it could be a factory finish after the seat clamp work.
There was a batch of F1 frames that were finished in a black anodized finish by a alloy window firm, giving a super durable black finish, guess yours could have been done at the same time.

Thank you very much Gil for the info .I know the original owner sent it back to pace to repair a crack on the top tube. I guess they upgraded this at the same time, it's a shame because I lost the space for the CAD sticker and I like the sticker :cry:
It was repainted black at the same time it's not anodised so I will return it to silver

Gil do you have the bullseye crank graphics available if so please can I buy a set?

Re:

Nice work, looks like a great project, I'd love an RC100, not seen one on NZ yet though

Rich":2qrrz8up said:
Nice work, looks like a great project, I'd love an RC100, not seen one on NZ yet though

thank you Rich, and a big thanks for all the info on your website its very helpful
i am plan ongoing a similar route to your pace with the mavic, if i can find the bits i need :D

Re:

Nice, yes it was a mission to go Mavic, I'd be tempted to go full Campag Centaur or Euclid next time around, or Sachs Success, now that would be cool

Rich":3g0h5fs6 said:
Nice, yes it was a mission to go Mavic, I'd be tempted to go full Campag Centaur or Euclid next time around, or Sachs Success, now that would be cool

thats funny :LOL: :LOL: I was going to strip my Overbury's of its Campag kit too finish the Pace, then i saw your bike and i changed my plan to Mavic :facepalm: .

so i guess you saved the Overbury's

Back