Breezer Storm 1994 - Finished

Re:

The Storm has arrived :cool: :cool: :D

First off , a Big Thank you to Marcin (sztopi17) for letting me have the chance add this Absolutely beautiful frame and fork package into my fold :) :D :cool:

Its not the Black and White Lightning Prestige tube set frame that had been on my radar :(

...But , Hell! :shock: its Purple.. screaming pearlescent almost 3dv purple .. and what shouts retro and certainly on the Breezer range of bikes, is the detailing yearning back to the clunker paint schemes of yesteryear :cool: :cool:

I know Marcin has already indicated he's missing this one, and he really didn't want to part with it , however situations dictated otherwise for him sadly, but very fortunately for me :)

Its one super cool piece of steel :cool: ,

The choice of having colour matched straight and curved forks , either with ahead, or quill fitments within the sale ticked all my boxes :) . deal was done. :)

I love straight forks at the best of times, that said, some frames suit some frames don't
I've not even ridden it, but already , I can tell , I'm going to love it and will be a long term resident I'm sure :)

As I've become a Retrobike Magpie recently , Some of the shiny retro things for this build are awaiting the pairing :)

More soon.

Ian

Last edited:
Re: Breezer No.2

Damn. I have my missuses jet stream awaiting a respray. She didnt like the original red and I was pretty sure I was going with green a la likeclockworks. Now I'll have to wait and see how this turns out!

Re:

Jamis Diablo

LOL, I was reading series 2...
Still a very nice frame! Looks to be in pretty good condition.

:) sorry , I usually get complaints that I'm not going fast enough :) lol, the frame is in excellent condition, although its not original paint however, as marcin had the paint refinished :)

redzephyr

Damn. I have my missuses jet stream awaiting a respray. She didnt like the original red and I was pretty sure I was going with green a la likeclockworks. Now I'll have to wait and see how this turns out!

Purple rocks man, although I am quite partial to red :) , decent frames to warrant refinishing imho. :)

Mike Muz 67

Nice, lucky for you it's not my size!

Mike

:LOL:

Hi mike, I think you have enough bikes don't you :? :LOL: , besides you have to leave some for the vertically challenged amongst the rb collective :)

Re:

Some progress on this today , happy with how its coming along , originally I was going to use Ritchey cantilever brakes and levers, but decided to go a slightly different direction...

Original finish on these ss5 levers was looking tatty so I've refreshed them.

Brake arms just need a little polishing and pads adding ,other than that, the braking is sorted :)

Had a Cassette decision to make,

but then threw myself a curveball..

Even though not period correct , the colour matches in really nicely to the font on the frame and forks, and imho doesn't look too out of place, so for now it stays.

Forks , I cant quite decide yet if I should run the original spinner curved fork or use the straight set ?

More to follow as I assemble this beauty..

Ian

Last edited:
Re:

Thought I'd pop in and post a couple of photos of my breezer storm :)

Had some time spare recently, so decided to pull all the parts together and see what appears :)

My riding companion.

A little bit of Bontrager was added to the mix.

Logic tubes ride sublime.

Decided to try the initial build with the straight bladed fork, so far results are positive :)

re-worked Dia compe SS-5's with added purpleness.

986's to match in with those little levers :) , again with some added purpleness.

Ritchey Chainset and rings.

Shimano XT M737/9 series for front and rear derailleur duties.

Zero skewers, (cheers adrian ;))

and finally a couple of full bike pics.

Only things that will change is the handlebar and wheels, other than that , I'm really pleased at how this has turned out and amazed at the ride quality of the frame, a big thank you to Marcin for parting with the frame and many thanks to all those who contributed toward the build :)

Hope you like what I've done with this, and as always would welcome your views :)

Ian

Last edited:
Back