Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
impulse ebay purchase.....................tick
dont need it...................................tick
low funds.......................................tick
do i like it?......................................tick

you know the score hah

qute alot of surface rust,pitting etc an some flaky bits. looked into recheoming etc but im not justifying the cost due to the dent and slight bend in the chain stay, lthough all seems straight with a wheel in etc

plans are...........bloody good clean, touch up the flaky bits, hope/pace/USE and xt bits and use it. not going to be a mint build but i liked my old one a few years back, it was just a tad too short, this is bigger and hopefully comfier

did i mention it'll be ridden in all weather, that way if the frame disintergrates under the chrome, its lived a full life haha

updates when ive got some diet coke ;)

Re:

Hi chris.

You just can't stop, can you! :LOL: gotta be pulling a bike apart to feel normal levels of grease poisoning in your blood stream. :)

I have always liked the P7 but never come across a good and cheap one, must be cheap.
After all, it lives again, and i know you will ride it. money well spent.

Did you buy it as it is, or have you stripped it?

Will you be painting it orange and white? Loved that colour scheme

Re:

Bought as a frameset, the pics from the ebay advert. If i can strip the chrome at a later date im torn between black, silver and blue or the white and orange. Its cleaning up okay right now but theres more flaking chrome than originally thought.

Haha we was talking about theses p7's on the last retro weren't we then you go and buy one mental hahahahahaha

update from last night and this morning

stripped the forks from the frame, they looked like this.....

tried the diet coke, kitchen foil and elbow greae approach

first pass

t'da

went over them with some brasso as well, quite happy......escpecially as theyll not get fitted yet, or ever haha

frames next

Back