boy"O"boy's Pace RC100S

If it helps I have a reproduction high back Eames office chair in tan... Would have loved areal one but £££££'s!

It reminds me of 70's supercar interiors...

Re: Re:

ringo":2buzi4za said:
Also whose going to do the black anodising...?

Hoping a local firm near Thetford will be able to do it for me.
Still getting my batch together….have you got stuff that needs anodising then Ringo?

Rich":2buzi4za said:
Good to see it back on again mate, looking great by the way :)

Cheers Rich. It's been a long time in the making but well worth the wait!

Here's a few more (small ) updates.

1. Maguras were lightly sanded to remove the worst of the wear marks.

Are these just known as Magura Hydrostops or do they have a model number? - The one part I've mislaid is the hose for the rear brake. I need to order a new hose but unsure of new/old compatibility.

Also… are the machined out sections of the handle bar clamp on these Magura levers unique to the RC100? - they look like a bit of extra machining has been done rather than factory standard.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• magura4.jpg
    magura4.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 769
  • magura3.jpg
    magura3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 769
  • magura2.jpg
    magura2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 769
  • Magura1.jpg
    Magura1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 769
Re:

Levers painted up in Satin black.

Bottom pic is the chain guide. Been making a few copies of this one in Aluminium. Once done, this will be added to the anodising batch.

The other aluminium piece is the block that holds the fork crown to the steerer. Will make a tidier one of these, again for the anodising batch.

Attachments

• chainguide1.jpg
    chainguide1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 769
  • magura7.jpg
    magura7.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 768
  • magura6.jpg
    magura6.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 769
  • magura5.jpg
    magura5.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 769
Re:

The top pic is the insert in the end of the stem/ steerer. The threaded insert kept pulling itself out when tightened to hold the fork crown on. A couple of attempts with a metal to metal loctite didn't work.

The bottom pic is the threaded insert i replaced it with. Forks now held in place properly!

To finish…

Magura mounts need to be anodised black.
Magura hose to rear brake.
… then decals.

Cheers all.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• insert3.jpg
    insert3.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 768
  • insert2.jpg
    insert2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 768
  • insert1.jpg
    insert1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 768
Brilliant, great to see such a detailed and high quality resto.

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us all

Brilliant thread and a superb build

All the rc100s should be gathered together one day for a phot shoot. Class

Re:

This is great love it :D

I have the same issue with the hose guides

Do you still have the file to make these guides if so can you help me

Many thanks
Malcolm

xxnick1975":2b1n3yck said:
Brilliant, great to see such a detailed and high quality resto.

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us all

Brilliant thread and a superb build

All the rc100s should be gathered together one day for a phot shoot. Class

Cheers Nick. Thanks very much. :cool: It's getting near but I've still got a little to do before I'm done.... (then onto the next one!)

I'd like to get a good photo shoot on this one as I did with the AL - Mega DX and Aluminium elite - I like to see it as a fitting end to a project.

Getting all the RC100's together would be great. Logistically it could be a nightmare!! - but I'd be happy to bring this along to the Iconoclassic if needed. :cool:

Malcmck":2b1n3yck said:
This is great love it :D

I have the same issue with the hose guides

Do you still have the file to make these guides if so can you help me

Many thanks
Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm.
I no longer have the stl. file to make these line guides in rapid prototype. ( Stupidly, I left the file on my computer when I left that job. :roll: )

However, I still have a set that I've been holding back in case of any problems with my build. These have been promised to someone else if I don't use them....but, I'm going to look into getting them Re-done in Alias from a scan. This may take some time however, as the day job and working away from home gets in the way! ( Another reason why it's taken me 5 years to get this together!)
I think there's a definite need out there from RC100 owners, so I'd be keen to help out - it will take some time though.

I've made up spare copies of the chain guide device as mine had an original one on it.
If you've got the threaded holes on the chain stay bridge to mount the guide, you're welcome to have one. They just need to be anodised at the moment.

letmetalktomark":2b1n3yck said:
Curse you and your patience for these things ...... Have you moved across the border now?

Thanks Mark. :cool: Good to hear from you.
Yes, I've crossed the border now! Definitely in deepest, darkest Suffolk now.
A 2yr old and another on the way keeps us busy!

Cheers all.
More updates to follow soon.

boy"O"boy

Back