Kona Explosif 1997 team edition

Re:

Cool adventure, and glad you could come over to visit our west coast (I'm in Vancouver, BC - just north of the 49th)! Sorry to hear that the weather was shite ... bad luck, that (for as they say in that song ... "it never rains in California ... but when it does, man it pours!"). California certainly is, in so many ways, the land of dreams ...

You should'a considered throwing a temporary non-special/used seat on the rig for your inaugural rainy/muddy rides, as that way yould'a saved that nos yellow Flite .

Re: Kona Explosif 1997 team edition: Fairfax adventure (P1:cool:

Sounds like the RC36's need a bit of a fettle then :)

California is a lovely place for cycling. I have some extremely fond memories of going cycle touring through there a few years back. It was a bit drier when I was there though.

Re: Re:

k-rod":ynssde6m said:
You should'a considered throwing a temporary non-special/used seat on the rig for your inaugural rainy/muddy rides, as that way yould'a saved that nos yellow Flite .

Hindsight eh? Thing is I didn't have any rough saddles to fit...well I do now :LOL:

Adam_S":ynssde6m said:
Sounds like the RC36's need a bit of a fettle then :)

Yep, on the list of things to do. I'm holding off for now on the event that a replacement 19/20" gold frame ever comes up for sale so I can swap things over and get everything done at once. Unlikely I know.

At least I've got a fancy saddle on it's way for it's poser shots. Check these out!

https://www.retro-gression.com/products ... lite-saddl

Now I just need to put together a campaign to win BOTM :LOL:

a "campaign" ... sounds like a political lobbying effort ...

That bike is sweet. Just get it into the next applicable comp, and it'll def garner some votes!

Re:

I truly enjoyed having the chance to ride with you, Alasdair. I hope you can make it back here again so I can show you some more cool places to ride around here, including a blast down Repack- :cool: until that time, cheers! Pat

Re: Kona Explosif 1997 team edition: maiden voyage (P1:cool:

al-onestare":ytx5if1b said:
Jamis Diablo":ytx5if1b said:
Sorry for my ignorance, but who is FairfaxPat? :oops:

Dude, you've got Charlie Kelly as your avatar... :LOL:
And? I read quite a bit of the history and don't remember someone with this nickname. Hence my question.
If you don't want to share, fine with me.

Re: Kona Explosif 1997 team edition: maiden voyage (P1:cool:

Jamis Diablo":qfuv6gv6 said:
al-onestare":qfuv6gv6 said:
Jamis Diablo":qfuv6gv6 said:
Sorry for my ignorance, but who is FairfaxPat? :oops:

Dude, you've got Charlie Kelly as your avatar... :LOL:
And? I read quite a bit of the history and don't remember someone with this nickname. Hence my question.
If you don't want to share, fine with me.
Here's a pic of me and some of my oldest friends at the 40th Anniversary of Repack last Fall. I'm in the middle, with the helmet on, between Otis Guy and Charlie Kelly, with Joe Breeze to the left of Otis...Pat

Attachments

• 40th Repack Anniversary.jpg
    40th Repack Anniversary.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 782

Little ad-lib on the Fairfax adventure. Here's something you absolutely don't want to find when you unpack a bike either end:

CH1BxU.jpg

Thank goodness a) the box uses US approved locks (which means security can open them without breaking them) and b) they took notice of my little 'please be careful' note I left on the top of the packing in case it was opened. They did such a good job putting it back (or leaving it) together that I didn't notice it had been opened at all, hence my surprise when this popped out in-between the packing material at the weekend.

Back