Ribble bike build.

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I thought I would start a build thread for this.
Basically I have been after a titanium bike for a while now. But my budget could never stretch that far lately. So I decided to buy something which had the look of titanium which is fairly light.
I'm not sure what year this was made but it has a canti hanger so it might be pre 97 ?
My plan is to build it with a pace rc 30 fork. And mainly silver components, to create a very simple no nonsense go to bike. Just waiting for the new steerer to turn up then I can make this rideable.
The only thing I haven't got is the right size seatpost. Which should be around 29mm.
I will post more pics as I go along.

Attachments

• IMG_1755.JPG
    IMG_1755.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 1,241
That's a handsome frame, a nice simple build will suit it well.

Have a look at my Megamo (link in sig)
I've made a few more changes since the photos but simple is sometimes a great way to go.

That's a nice bike James. I also like the p7 with the green tyres. I have a pair of those which I might try. But I also have a pair of amberwalls which I will probably go with, but I will see as this progresses.

Re: Re:

shinobi":qzy78y1g said:
What have you got planned for it ?
Paul
at the moment, i have a silver rc30 fork.
i found an old xt front mech so i will be looking for an xt rear mech to match and probably a set of xt or deore thumbshifters.
i have a number of wheels in my shed but i will probably end up using an old hope hubbed wheel as i love the clicky sound they make. and i would like to find a silver hope front hub to match, i have a blue hope hub at the moment.
but basically im not looking to make it all blingy. just using mainly silver components.
i need to find the exact measurement for the seat post. it is around 29mm.
jeff.

Re: Re:

videojetman":uplsuy1e said:
shinobi":uplsuy1e said:
What have you got planned for it ?
Paul
at the moment, i have a silver rc30 fork.
i found an old xt front mech so i will be looking for an xt rear mech to match and probably a set of xt or deore thumbshifters.
i have a number of wheels in my shed but i will probably end up using an old hope hubbed wheel as i love the clicky sound they make. and i would like to find a silver hope front hub to match, i have a blue hope hub at the moment.
but basically im not looking to make it all blingy. just using mainly silver components.
i need to find the exact measurement for the seat post. it is around 29mm.
jeff.
Sounds good , a bit of blue would go well with the Ti look :D

Latest posts

Back