Claud Butler Spectre

Today I spent a bit of time polishing my post... eyup :shock:
So it was worthy to clamp the titanium railed acid trip.

The other night I got the Shocktechs built up, the brakes on, fitted the brace I drilled up a few years back (have another the same on the other Shocktechs) Serviced and cleaned the front wheel and fitted the new tyre and tube.

Running experimental springs in the forks at the moment. Will see how they go.
I just need to get some jockey wheels if I don't have any stashed away as the ones on this where knackered. I also need to decide what pedals would be suitable for this as I stripped the other side pedal from the photo and its about had it.

Re: Re:

cherrybomb":37a0s2e3 said:
That USE bar is a bit tasty. :cool:

I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes together as it has some similarity to the planned build for the Dawes.

Oh, by the way- I found some of the Mt. Zefal pump mounts on eblag. I got a pair for £2 which will go nicely with the NOS pink pump I also bagged. There were other sets of brackets on the bay for around £4.

Just in case and all that. ;)

Never thought to look there. I will have to as I also have a black zefal to go with another project.

Re: Re:

66 triumph daytona":2e5s8gdc said:
These are proper quality frames,great to see its gotten the respect and care it deserves!

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement guys It really is a nice frame, so glad I went for it now. Cant wait to ride it.

Well, its still not done, but not far off. This and the Wheeler are just waiting on a few bits, i just need to pull my finger out and get it sorted.

But, its back on 2 wheels, you just cant peddle it or stop it yet.....

They both now have USE posts, just waiting on the shims to fit them.

On the home straight now.

Back