1992 Diamond Back Response- FINISHED (Pix on Page 4)

Re:

Another mini update.

Out with the old......

IMG_4190.jpg

.....and in with the just as old, but 'shinier'.

IMG_4191.jpg

Re:

The Apex should arrive soon. If it's not the same size as the post on that it'll be off down the bike shop.

Re: 1992 Diamond Back Response

Hi Chris

I was rummaging round the other day and found a bag full of old seatposts. One of them was a 26.6 and i cant for the life of me remember where i got it from, and wether the DB came with seatpost and clamp or not. I will have to check my old Marin and my Kona's but im sure none of them are that size. I think they are 26.8 and 27.0. Anyway, just thought i would mention it as i noticed you asked about post size.
Probably not much use though as im not 100% :facepalm:
Might be off one of my raleighs, thinking about it.

Mark

Re:

HI Mark,

I've got an Apex on the way which is built from the same tube set, I'm hoping the post from that will be the same size. If it is- and it's 26.6 then I'll give you a shout. ;)

Oh and according to the online tracking, my NOS X-1 brakes have arrived at work. :D

XC100 forks shouldn't be too far away either.

I think this will be the bike that goes to Mayhem, so it's definitely going to be used.

I'm getting quite exited now; I've heard good things about DBRs of this vintage.

Re:

So,

I think I may be single handedly keeping our postman in a job. :D

But this isn't an act of pure altruism, I have an ulterior motive.

More progress...

IMG_4195.jpg

Two pairs of NOS Suntour X-1 cantilevers arrived from Germany today. Which is nice.

IMG_4197.jpg

They do have the correct decals, it just doesn't show up in the photos for some bizarre reason.

.....and talking of decals........should I stick with these? This lovely Tioga Prestige bar arrived today too. It wasn't intended for this build, but I couldn't resist mocking it up along with the NOS SS-5 levers and T Bone stem.

IMG_4200.jpg

IMG_4196.jpg

Re: 1992 Diamond Back Response

minor_LEGEND":2yg86j65 said:
Man that looks cool!

Cheers. :D

It's coming together nicely I think. Unless the bars that are on their way are exceptionally nice, I think the Tioga ones will stay on this.

I'm just waiting on two more deliveries (admittedly one is a near enough complete bike) and I will have everything needed to finish the build except for some DX thumbies and the correct length steerer for the XC100 fork. I can't sort that until I have the fork & can measure the required length.

Re:

OK.

So it's not the wheel that will end up on the bike, but I reckon this is going to look tidy when it's finished. :cool:

38e23b1f-3191-43ec-b55c-fb7624687096.jpg

Should be a nice compact frame, will suit a long seat post & stem. Very old school.

Re:

Just been stung for £25 import tax.

But at least I now know the XC100 forks will arrive tomorrow! :D

Further update this evening, as another load of parts, including wheels, have arrived. :cool:

Latest posts

Back