Pace RC100 project

Re:

Bit of an update and a bit of a snag has arisen. The front triangle is bent!

You can clearly see if you look directly down the line of the head tube to the seat tube that both the top tube and the down tube have a gentle bend in them. Hardly the Stelvio Pass but once seen you can't unsee it! :D

Any ideas? My next step is to get it looked at by the bloke who welded it 25 odd years ago...

Definitely worth getting it looked at by the welder.. can clearly see a gradual curve unfortunately.. hopefully it can be sorted out and all is well! Anyway sorry to see this :(

Re:

giphy.gif

Re:

Fucked mate, ill give ya £50 for it saturday..........

Itll be rite, get it checked and crack on with it, at least if aunt cracked.

Re:

The good news is it definitely isn't cracked... i'll bring it on Saturday to show you all! :D

My admittedly schoolboy physics seems to recall something called Youngs Modulas... or the amount you need to bend something the other way to bend it back.

It's a brave boy who tackles that on 25 year old aluminium...*

The weird thing is i cannot fathom how it has happened... no sign of crash damage and the only owner apart from me the frame has ever had confirms he never stacked it that bad. For the record he was gutted and instantly offered me my money back...

My guess it has been a gradually thing in storage, stashed away with weight on, summer, 40 degrees in the garage that sort of thing...

So worst case scenario is stick in the garage the other way up with a load of crap piled on top of it.... and wait about ten years for the thing to bend back... :D :D :D

* We did consider this, but bottled it...

Re:

Its already in buddy. Could you tigthen it a fraction over a few days to gradually retension it??

Its supposed to be like that, makes it faster, raleigh copied it for the dyna curve.....

That will straighten by itself once built and ridden

Back