Dent free Dave Yates Barn find, with issues (Pg5)

Retro Spud

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
A friend of mine tipped me off to this, one of his old mates from school days found this Yates ? when doing a house clearance and knowing I was into "old shite" as he put it asked if I was interested…….

Since I've never been a major league fan of British Steel due mainly to the fact they were always too exotic for my pocket, so I've got ask is this the real deal or a pile of pooh wearing a bunch of stickers from ebay, aside from the name it was the forks that caught my eye and got me interested

My biggest question is it a Yates, the paint fades look too good for a rattle can special (see last pic) but even if the forks are the only thing worth keeping, for no more than the cost of the fuel it cost my mate to collect it, I'll still be happy.

Pics I was originally sent, that wet my appetite

And some better ones from when my mate collected it

And now the modern tat

Re: Dave Yates Barn find ?? .......or a turd wearing Pace forks

Yates were never visible enough for anyone to bother faking one

looks genuine find to me.

Re:

Looks like Max OR tubing judging by the seat stays and ovalized top tube. Makes it a top end Yates. Forks are the earliest Pace RC30s. Makes it a top end package!

Re:

It looks original to me.
I like those forks.
I think you should buy it, but play it down, after all it's just "old shite" right? ;)

Looks real to me, early too.

nice find

Re:

I hung off posting until it was collected by my mate and it came for free.... due to the pile of shiteness factor everyone scoffed at me for being interested

just got to reimburse him some petrol money and alls good :LOL:

Great score. Bit of t cut and jobs a good 'un.

Re:

Nice one Nick, to think it was probably saved from the local tip !

Back