The dog's got too fat - 90/91 Diamond Back Ascent+Ascent Ex

Hotwheels.":30e147kf said:
minor_LEGEND":30e147kf said:
Holy thread bumpage.
I have 2 90' Apex frames in that smoke finish.

I seem to remember the Apex being grey and completely smoked, is that right?

That's the 89 model. 90 Apex is as the Ascent on pg1. Pearl white with a smoked-over pearl sky blue fade at either end. I think the pearl is in the lacquer. Stunning I think.

Re: The dog's got too fat - 90/91 Diamond Back Ascent+Ascent

KV":3ty9494q said:
Pyro Tim":3ty9494q said:
:LOL: another one sucked in, and a Diamondback fan too ;)

Wasn't Exage trail right for the 91 Ascent? It was only mid range anyway.

Although the 91 catalogue on here seems to be in German I reckon it says Deore LX for the Ascent EX? Love your collection BTW, bit too high end for dog pulling though!

Sounds about right, the '89 model EX had Mountain LX, which basically morphed into Deore LX for 1990. Apex was on Deore2 and then DX, with the Axis on XTII.
I think the normal Ascent was Exage Mountain in 1989 and then it diverges as we got 300LX, 400LX and 500LX where we had just Exage Trail and Exage Mountain before (200GS came in to replace Exage Country). So for 1990 the Ascent was down specced a little if you see 400LX as being worse than Exage Mountain, I doubt anyone has bnother to really study the specs in that detail but probably difference will be things like having an alloy cage on the reach mech and Alloy chainrings as opposed to steel.

We had a fair few Diamond back around our was as one of the local shops was a dealer and after Xmas in 89 and 90 there were quite a few Topagnas, Sorrentos and for the lucky ones Ascents hitting the local streets. The smoke look was a massive draw and the only other company offering it was Emmelle (but who'd want one of those) on the Cortina.

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDU5OA== ... Y/$_86.JPG

Carl.

Back