'94 GT Zaskar Aqua (all dead photobucket links)

Re: '94 GT Zaskar Aqua: Pace forks

Well you'll not run out of forks then for the Zaskar :facepalm: ..

I actually believed you would of had the Zaskar already sorted for commuting by now tbh so i'm quite surprised that you already haven't :eek: but it would certainly be handy to have at the flat regardless to wether it gets used much this winter or not and just for the odd trip out it will always come in handy at the flat .

What motorbikes have you got as i take it it's modernish as a retro machine won't be cheap to get hold of or look after ? ..

Can you you remember by any chance how long an allun key you used when you last took the lower legs off the Pace forks ..

Re:

i just havent got around to 'commuter-ising' it yet :LOL: , and i havent been on here for a while either so ive got nothing reminding me to sort the zasky out. im not relying on it for transport though but it would be handy to have it with me.

as for the allen key question, im not sure i catch your meaning, but theres no bolts up inside the leg, they're held on with cir-clips and once removed the forks should just slide apart with a little persuasion

my motorbikes arent exactly modern, but they're no royal enfield or BSA either ;)
i have two yamaha's, a 1997 thunder cat and a year 2000 R6

Sean

I had noticed it had been a while since you had been on here but that doesn't always mean that your not bothering with the Zaskar but quite right if your not relying on it for transport then you won't be constantly reminded of what needs doing to it ..

My bad regards the forks as i was forgetting yours were different to mine as mine require the removal of the adjuster and dumby adjuster at the top of the legs and a long allen key inserted into the allen bolts inside the legs to hold the damper steady while then using another allen key at the base of the lower legs to release them ...

The Thundercat is probably old enough to be classed as retro being a 97 but still looks modern imvho ;) and the R6 certainly looks a modernish speed machine :) but i'd be very happy to own either as their both classy looking bikes imho and i bet you get a great buzz from riding either of these beauties :cool: ..

Re:

I've lost a lot of interest in cycling to be honest, and i think after a while this forum becomes more an expensive addiction rather than a hobby, i figure ive been better off staying away :facepalm: :LOL:

I dont think i can offer much help with the forks im afraid, if i tackle any fork servicing myself its only if the forks are simple, otherwise id pay a pro or replace them

As for the motorbikes, theyre both quite similar in ways but the tcat seems a bit dated nowadays with its heavy steel frame and analogue clocks. The r6 i would say was ahead of its time and feels very similar to a modern bike. Minus the abs and traction control of course. both are capable of 150+ mph and 0-60 in 3 and a half seconds though, So yeah i enjoy them :cool:

Sean

I lost interest in cycling back in the early 90s and it wasn't really until 3 years ago that i got the bug back but your quite right that if your not careful it becomes an expensive obssesion so i'm treading rather carefully atm ...

Don't worry about not knowing much about the forks as i'll learn as i go even though my spinners aren't expensive i'd much rather service or upgrade their inards rather than replace them ..

Well regardless of wether you feel the tcat is a little more dated or not compared to the R6 as long as your enjoying them then that's all that matters ..

Re:

I'll still be getting use out of the zaskar regardless so it doesnt really matter if its seeing any trails or not. I have the surly forks fitted at the moment, which i already dont like... Too long

As for the yams, both are great bikes to ride but the r6 may be looking for a new home soon because its an extremely difficult bike to insure since i lost my no claims. Im thinking of selling it and maybe spending a bit of money on some upgrades for the cat

Sean

I've never been able to feel the love for gt's, no particular reason. That said, every time a aqua or purple Zaskar comes up, they do catch my eye.

Re:

been riding with the surly's lately, i like the look but they are too long really. ive inverted the stem but its still not the best riding position. ive switched back to the renthal bars because they just look 'right' with these forks

Back