NOS 1986 Fillet Brazed Serotta Adirondack DONE - 01/29/18

Re:

The fork is awesome. I was lucky to find one with a long enough steerer.

~1986 is a good vintage for the parts I've been collecting.

First Gen Bullseye Cranks:

Specialized Crossroad II Yellow Labels:

Re: NOS 1986 Fillet Brazed Serotta Adirondack

Loving this! The frame looks amazing, a real work of art. The forks look equally amazing, well done. The Suntour groupset is a good call, but the braze-on front mech may prove tricky to find - happy hunting!

Wow! Stunner Jimbo! Loving that fork. Let me know if you need any help with bullseye hubs or cranks.

I like it. Very unique and I appreciate your patience in gathering the right bits. What year was the Bonty curved blade available? I would base my build around that.

Re:

Thanks guys ... I am leaning away from the suntour group given the vintage and that braze on is an issue..

I think it needs to be a double up front so that's limiting. Perhaps it was designed for a dura ace 7400 group or a drop bar campy rally setup. I'll think on that. No rush.

Mombat has the fork in a March 1987 press release. I've seen the fork on some 1985-6 CX and early bonty race bikes. It's right in the sweet spot year wise for this frame.

Re: Re:

jimi911":1yp2fisr said:
Thanks guys ... I am leaning away from the suntour group given the vintage and that braze on is an issue..

I think it needs to be a double up front so that's limiting. Perhaps it was designed for a dura ace 7400 group or a drop bar campy rally setup. I'll think on that. No rush.

Mombat has the fork in a March 1987 press release. I've seen the fork on some 1985-6 CX and early bonty race bikes. It's right in the sweet spot year wise for this frame.

So possibly M730/DA. I have a DA FD on my tandem with a triple and have never had issues getting all three rings. DA hubs to go with the FD? Whatever direction, very cool.

Re: Re:

Ductape":1d779g9m said:
jimi911":1d779g9m said:

So possibly M730/DA. I have a DA FD on my tandem with a triple and have never had issues getting all three rings. DA hubs to go with the FD? Whatever direction, very cool.

That could work. I'm going to get the bullseyes reconditioned and fit them. After that will play around with rings.

I do want to try some drops on it. Despite its large looks it doesn't fit big at all. I wouldn't mind stretch out the fit a bit, or at least trying it.

Re:

Funny kawinkydink ...

I am ordering a couple of things from Frank the Welder for a project. I also sent him a part for my Mantis that's been giving me fits and halting the build - its a brazed cable guide I needed modified. He didn't know if he could do it right, but had his buddy coming over to build a frame that was a brazing expert - Ben Serotta! Anyway, not a pile of new info on it other than Ben was surprised this one still existed. Apparently most of the few that were made broke. FTW and Serotta had a few designs like that. Too much stress and the materials weren't up to design (later point according to Kirk or Bedford). She's light though!

Anyway. Touring only for this, no drop offs :LOL:

Re:

I think I like this. The fit was better and I like the shape of the BB1 dirt drop bar ... sorta goes with all the curves.

I'm sending the Bullseye Cranks in for a refresh and picked up some NOS Bullseye hubs for it as well.

The Cooks stem was a bit too much rise for the bike, but man is it cool.

Re:

Ok ... we are going dirt drop.

Dipped a bit into my parts stash ...

NOS and NOS

Back