1988 Muddy Fox Explorer.

Re: Re:

jameshurrell":d8a989py said:
cherrybomb":d8a989py said:
Hi James. We may have had this conversation before, but where in Shropshire are you based? I'm in the centre of Shrewsbury.

I think the fastback stays were quite short lived, the '87 frame didn't have them as far as I know, but did have some lugwork. The '88 frames have the fastback stays, but no lugs. Not sure about the other models in the line up, but I think the Couriers are the same.

Yes, Shrewsbury too - Abbey Foregate/Monkmoor Rd area... so not far!

Yes, I think you're right, I've not seen those fastbacks anywhere else... my Courier is lugged as well.

Just round the corner then, I'm in Castlefields just behind the prison.

If you check out the 88-89 catalogue in the archive I think all the steel frames have the fastback stays.

Re:

That's superb.

Not often you see the 19.5. Usually it was always the 21.5. :-( of which a friend has s pretty much never ridden one in the loft.

That's so nice though.

Re: Re:

Augustus":3l36g3fg said:
That's superb.

Not often you see the 19.5. Usually it was always the 21.5. :-( of which a friend has s pretty much never ridden one in the loft.

That's so nice though.

Cheers. :D

I'm really pleased with it. Brake and gear cables have arrived along with Suntour straddle cables & hangers from SJS. Farmer Johns tyres should be waiting for me at he office on Tuesday so with luck it will be finished this week.

I have also discovered the Brompton do some really nice sponge grips that are very similar to the originals- which is nice.

Top bike that. Nearly had one myself and as I get older the sit up position from the era appeals more that the lower flat position of the early 90s. This or the 88 courier could be something I revisit in a year or two.

Carl

Re: I’ve got one for sale

Hello,
I’ve owned exactly the same bike from new. I recall it cost a King’s ransom new.

It’s in original time warp condition with dealer fitted genuine Muddy accessories - branded black mudguards etc. It even has the original tyres fitted (although not really serviceable). 21” Frame

I’ve now decided to sell so open to offers

Please PM me for more details if you’re interested

Re:

Lovely. Nice work.

I have a dear friend that has his 21.5in still in the shed after 6months civilised riding. Pretty much NOS. We both always wished it was a 19.5.

Thanks for posting. Lovely.

Back