1994 Kona Lava Dome

Great Job! Very nice! Where did you paint it? I am also in barcelona and have one explosif and probably also one lava dome to paint precisely in the same color...

What paint colour did you use? I have the same bike and would like to restore the paint, but finding a match is always a challenge.

What paint colour did you use? I have the same bike and would like to restore the paint, but finding a match is always a challenge.
Wow. Big ol' thread resurrection! Incredible you get notifications on stuff you commented on 10 years ago.
Tbh, I'd like to know how to create the original paint for this bike. I had mine resprayed by a local frame builder, Bob Jackson's in Leeds, in 2007/8 when I discovered this site. They had a limited selection of colours and the green I went for , whilst nice, is way too dark.

Wow. Big ol' thread resurrection! Incredible you get notifications on stuff you commented on 10 years ago.
Tbh, I'd like to know how to create the original paint for this bike. I had mine resprayed by a local frame builder, Bob Jackson's in Leeds, in 2007/8 when I discovered this site. They had a limited selection of colours and the green I went for , whilst nice, is way too dark.
Thanks for the reply. I am on the hunt for something off the shelf ideally as the paint on the project bike is not terrible but has obvious chips and scratches which you would expect for a 30 year old mountain bike. I plan to try and touch these up to prevent any further rusting, but keep as much of the originality

Back