1990 Muddyfox Courier Prestige

That's Cool, I clicked the link, thinking it was for sale... :facepalm: My bad, Very cool. :cool:

Glad to see this finally finished and looking very cool indeed regardless of the parts not being period it's still one id of loved in my stable ;) ..

Re:

Everybody should have a Muddy Fox in there collection :cool:

Cant wait to see this with the disc fitted.

Re: Re:

sinnerman":2g1wn5lo said:

My thoughts exactly sinnerman as the old Muddy's are great trail cruising machines and make excellent tourers if that's what takes your fancy but i am a little bias as my 1st proper mtb back in 89 was an 88 Muddy Fox Explorer and i loved riding it regardless of wether it was on or off road and the paint finish was a bit marmite for some but i loved the yellow with the black finish Suntour parts ..

Muddy paw":2demvqg4 said:
sinnerman":2demvqg4 said:

My thoughts exactly sinnerman as the old Muddy's are great trail cruising machines and make excellent tourers if that's what takes your fancy but i am a little bias as my 1st proper mtb back in 89 was an 88 Muddy Fox Explorer and i loved riding it regardless of wether it was on or off road and the paint finish was a bit marmite for some but i loved the yellow with the black finish Suntour parts ..

Cheers amigo.

Carl for me personally Muddyfox was probably the first coolest mountain bike brand to be mass produced on this side of the pond.All that marketing from carefully placed bikes on morning kids TV programmes (remember Streetwise) or the ads in the mags.I think the only thing they lacked was a race team bitd or maybe they did who knows!

They were king in the mid to late eighties at least. Always wanted the courier for my first ATB but settled for a Saracen tufftrax from Edwards on Camberwell road.The Saracen was a great second choice though and never looked back.

Re:

Haven't been on here in a while but I always check in to see what Foxes are around. It's nice to see another 1990 Prestige Series bike. I think you got that right by sticking with Suntour (as all the Prestige series ran) and it really looks great, with the new tyres making it really 'pop'. These ride nicely with a slightly shorter stem with a bit more rise in it (mine was comfy over 3 days and 175 miles) as the standard ones are too long and flat and that's the only thing I'd change myself (not for aesthetics though as it looks great as it is). The disc will look awesome and it's far too nice for the pub!

Carl.

drcarlos":2chl4os6 said:
Haven't been on here in a while but I always check in to see what Foxes are around. It's nice to see another 1990 Prestige Series bike. I think you got that right by sticking with Suntour (as all the Prestige series ran) and it really looks great, with the new tyres making it really 'pop'. These ride nicely with a slightly shorter stem with a bit more rise in it (mine was comfy over 3 days and 175 miles) as the standard ones are too long and flat and that's the only thing I'd change myself (not for aesthetics though as it looks great as it is). The disc will look awesome and it's far too nice for the pub!

Carl.

Thanks Carl.

Your right about the stem being long and low.It rides fine around the lanes but unfortunately haven't tried it offroad as yet but wanted to keep it as it matches the frame!
The disc wheel cover is on hold until I can sand the edges down a tad as it's too big for my Energy 7s!(Watch this space)!!!

On another note I don't think there's enough Muddy Fox's on here considering the amount of them that were around bitd!

Re:

Did you get round to fitting the MF wheel disk?

I had one on my 88 Explorer. It looked awesome, but they make a terrible noise so I ended up cutting it off!

cherrybomb":ril4xz26 said:
Did you get round to fitting the MF wheel disk?

I had one on my 88 Explorer. It looked awesome, but they make a terrible noise so I ended up cutting it off!

I need to have a play at sanding it down at the edges a few mm to get it to fit......or leave it and look for another MF to fit it to!

Back