1994 Parkpre scepter Comp - now built, new pix 12/8/2016

mechagouki

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Picked this up this week for the princely sum of $120 CAD, the wheels were the first thing that caught my eye, but having had it sitting around my apartment for a few days the whole bike has grown on me, really nice geometry. It's got a blue-collar, mid-range charm to it that makes me just want to get it mechanically sound and then ride the heck out of it.

IMG_1172_zpsdt8v9nel.jpg

IMG_1176_zpsvkfcw9cx.jpg

IMG_1175_zpsvjjypynh.jpg

IMG_1174_zpsebi5jb8a.jpg

Re:

Good work

Hell of a bargain that mate... just over 70 quid!

Clean, oil and polish, job's a good 'n.

al. :D

Re: 1994 (?) Parkpre scepter Comp

Love those bargain finds. I once found a 1992 Rocky Mountain equipe for $20 haha. Those brakes look interesting what are they?

Re: 1994 Parkpre scepter Comp

chillibiker":vspn10on said:
Love those bargain finds. I once found a 1992 Rocky Mountain equipe for $20 haha. Those brakes look interesting what are they?

Brakes are labelled "Versa C5", probably just some in-house brand - seem to remember seeing similar on various brands early to mid 1990s.

Re:

So as I mentioned, I just sort of fell for the look and geometry of this bike, and wanted to ride it, so I've built it with an almost entirely period incorrect selection from the parts hoard. Sorry if this offends anyone, but I'm going to ride this bike and it had to work and fit the way I like.

Out this morning, sub-zero and snowing, but it rides great, feels like the bastard child of a Marin and a Kona.

IMG_1194_zpsnfzdmymo.jpg

IMG_1195_zpsdag1tvtk.jpg

IMG_1196_zpsx41pbgjb.jpg

Back