1990 Muddy Fox Mega 500 (Seeker Mega) Frame ... Unicorn

reanimation":3b1zfemn said:
Hiya mate, long time no see!
Hope you're well...?
Yes well spotted, I loved the modern gimmicks on these, very different to the 1989 which was a straight classic style frame with lugs and stuff, this is oversized and clean compared, the 91 went a step fuher with ovalised and square ended tubes and all kinds.

Powder coat or patina?

It's been longer than I intended I must say, I realised how much I relied on Facebook when I got rid of it and lost touch with a lot of people :roll:
I'm not bad mate. In recovery from a nasty bike Vs monster truck accident earlier this year mostly but that's a story from another time. I hope all is well with you too :D

I see your dilemma regarding the paint. To my mind a colour scheme as vibrant as that should be super shiny and pristine to show it off best. But then the rest of the components would have to be up to standard of course and before you know it you'd have another pristine MF in your collection and still needing a nice beater bike :LOL:

It's a nice frame for sure and you can't go too far wrong no matter what you do with it. I also have a soft spot for 500LX, a lot of my bikes ended up with that back in the day :p

Re:

Got an old steel muddy fox handlebar off a green fox somewhere if you want it for postage costs? it aint perfect but ..... may help you for originallity

Re:

I lol-ed at "Piano Touch" describing the 500LX STi "push-push" shifters in the catalogue. I guess you could relate those shifters to a piano, if you play the piano with a hammer and don't care what note comes out.

Re: Re:

mechagouki":1ki6fvfy said:
I lol-ed at "Piano Touch" describing the 500LX STi "push-push" shifters in the catalogue. I guess you could relate those shifters to a piano, if you play the piano with a hammer and don't care what note comes out.

Haha, yeah, they take a real thumb breaking push from memory, I had them first in 200gs form, though age 14 or whatever I was i thought I'd really made it till I knocked my Shogun over and broke the plastic end off the brake lever! :O
Second 'decent' bike had Suntour Xpress, we had steep hills so loved those shifters, still got em in pieces...

Had the 500lx types later on on a tired but brilliant early 90's Marin. I have a feeling I'll need to find another set for this.

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":1a5wzzks said:
Got an old steel muddy fox handlebar off a green fox somewhere if you want it for postage costs? it aint perfect but ..... may help you for originallity

Thanks, That's the sort of thing that would really help on this, as the frame came with nothing!

Back