1988 Marin Pine Mountain

Re: Re:

Spanky22b":jhse7qgu said:
Good to see it's going to be restored and there's definitely a hint of purple or lilac in the silver. Does the frame need a respray will it not clean up because it doesn't look to bad.

It is very tatty close up and would bug me if it wasn't perfect...would it be so bad if it was refinished in a straightforward silver?

Racin'snake":2uouu6cy said:
Spanky22b":2uouu6cy said:
Good to see it's going to be restored and there's definitely a hint of purple or lilac in the silver. Does the frame need a respray will it not clean up because it doesn't look to bad.

It is very tatty close up and would bug me if it wasn't perfect...would it be so bad if it was refinished in a straightforward silver?

Not really it's your bike after all :LOL: Can you get diferent coloured lacquers or are they only clear,if you can just get it sprayed silver and look for a purple lacquer to finish it off.

Re:

Change of plans.....after riding the ol'girl today I have decided to pass the bike on as it is as its just too small. A great lively ride though. I have another resto ongoing that will fulfill me for now. I don't want to split so will be doing an ad shortly for the complete bike...not gonna be asking much either considering how hard to find some of the parts apparently are.

PM me a price mate, interested :LOL: :cool:

Racin'snake":2bob56ag said:
Change of plans.....after riding the ol'girl today I have decided to pass the bike on as it is as its just too small. A great lively ride though. I have another resto ongoing that will fulfill me for now. I don't want to split so will be doing an ad shortly for the complete bike...not gonna be asking much either considering how hard to find some of the parts apparently are.

Back