Late 80's Raleigh Maverick Karma build

Minifreak

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
So some of you may have seen this bike briefly before when I posted pics of it in my recent 92 Marin Team Issue build, whilst rest riding that bike I stumbled upon the Raleigh locally and £15 down I wheeled both bikes home :D

The Raleigh was mainly original complete with its catalogue chrome mudguard and chunky rear rack. The front wheel, both tyres and saddle were replacements.

I didn't record the strip and rebuild in photos as she's not taken long to get to this almost finished stage, but as always everything was cleaned and de greased, new grease, cables and grips, different saddle and tyres and now she's back together.

I have around £30 plus my time in her and I will be donating her to a bicycle recycling charity in Taunton Somerset at Christmas, I've done well from them in the past so time to give something back :xmas-big-grin:

The rear wheel is fook'd bearings, spokes and chrome wise. The charity has loads and loads of wheels so sure they'll have a suitable replacement, that's all she needs to be back in use.

The before pic

As she stands

Back