NOS 1986 Fillet Brazed Serotta Adirondack DONE - 01/29/18

Re: 4th of July Americana - An early '80s Serotta Adirondack

I did notice that. So is it a top routed front mech with a roller at the bottom, or maybe a full length outer and little widget like on the Yetis?

raidan73":9c7yopr9 said:
I did notice that. So is it a top routed front mech with a roller at the bottom, or maybe a full length outer and little widget like on the Yetis?

It's got a very nice braze on for a roller. I am pretty sure the cable with housing goes down the full length of the top tube, curves down into a guide that straightens the housing and lines the cable up with the stop
- Down to the roller then back up to the derailleur. Looks like this frame will have more housing then most mtbs.

Signing in for updates :) I really like the research you're putting in to the history - the back-stories add another dimension.

Re:

Been on such a roll lately.

Was on FB at the right time to snag this: an original early Bontrager fork. I'll be getting it polished and replated so it looks the part on this beautiful frame.

Re:

She's gonna be different!

That head tube is slack like a very early 80s mtb. It may be a bit older.

Re:

Or maybe later?

1986 Serotta Catalog - same tube set. I wonder when that tubing was introduced.

1986serottacatalog2.jpg

Re: NOS 1986 Fillet Brazed Serotta Adirondack

Ok ... I think I have this now. A bit a research into the tubing availability and it appears to be first generation Colorado Concept - 1986. That's probably pretty accurate for a year.

Re: NOS 1986 Fillet Brazed Serotta Adirondack

Fork is perfect- good call!

Back