1991 HAIRBALL TECHNO MANIA

Re:

What a great project :cool:
I only watched " Tread and Re Tread " last night , loads of HB action :D
Paul

Re: Re:

shinobi":1jno6vil said:
Have Tread on VHS.. Haven't watched it in quite a few years.. Seem to remember there's a fairly flimsy "Plot" to it..?

Project Parts Scoop Update..

Answer Hyperlites
Black Hite Rite

..bagged. Need to sort out the Saddle & Seatpin.. :cool: And all those Decals.. :facepalm:

Certainly a stunning bike, super flamboyant Mr Herbold.. are you going for Sun Line brake levers as specced, although they are motorcycle levers... Gonna have fun with replicating all those decals.. fantastic project this one!

Cheshire1980":qgdjdgky said:
..are you going for Sun Line brake levers as specced, although they are motorcycle levers..
Well.. I have these saved in My Ebay WatchList..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230577728663

!CDrIdwgCGk~$(KGrHqQOKjIE0c5ByOq0BNPZuhjSLw~~_12.JPG

..but they really aren't the same.. I've scoured the Internet for a set of SunLines but I'll be damned if I can find a pair.. :facepalm: :roll:

No rush to fit something that isn't quite right so I'll hold off until the very end I think, in the hope that I can find a set..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Probably the hardest part to source the Sun line levers, christ you've done well with your sourcing of parts. With the Tioga disc etc.. are you gonna get some decals off Gil M .. definitely like the fact your doing a Hairball Techno Mania.. one of my first memories of a topline mtb, a mere 10 year old!! Anyway one of my favourite projects this :)

kingroon":2dzh26r0 said:
shinobi":2dzh26r0 said:
Have Tread on VHS.. Haven't watched it in quite a few years.. Seem to remember there's a fairly flimsy "Plot" to it..?

Project Parts Scoop Update..

Answer Hyperlites
Black Hite Rite

..bagged. Need to sort out the Saddle & Seatpin.. :cool: And all those Decals.. :facepalm:
Theres a plot ? :LOL: :LOL: great HB and Hans Ray action :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Matt:

I drew up some Miyata decals for Gil a while back for my own Herbold replica, so he has them on file if you need a set.

Melvin has already had a set or two done from them for one of his bikes, and they look pretty good. :)

Cheers,
Tom.

BoyBurning":s3u0gxrd said:
I drew up some Miyata decals for Gil a while back for my own Herbold replica, so he has them on file if you need a set.

Melvin has already had a set or two done from them for one of his bikes, and they look pretty good. :)
Dude.. Need to see a Photo of your Herbold Replica.. :twisted:

Thanks for the pointer, I'll get in touch with Gil :cool:

Some more parts sourced..

➡️ GripShift CX-DT 3 x 7

s-l500.jpg

Realised also that H-Ball ran an XT post, stripped of it's anodising / silver, so I can run the one I got with the Complete Rig.. Bonza :cool:

Gil has [as always] been awesome with the Decal Requirement and is sorting me out :cool:

Xmas / NY Week is Build Week.. ;)

Looking good so far, can't wait to see the result!
The saddle looks like a Rolls? If you want to change it to Koga Miyata, I got a black NOS '91 for sale.

Back