1992 Marin Team Issue rescue - Finshed pics on page 8

You probably can't see it in the pics but the bottom XTR M900 headset cup has a crack and the logos are pretty much worn away, got a replacement headset just for the required cup, was a great price though ;)

Christ, you don't half do some fantastic builds.. can't believe you sold your vit t, that was one of my favorites bikes on here! That team Marin is on my bucket list also.. really like it. :)

Cheshire1980":3hegpgiw said:
Christ, you don't half do some fantastic builds.. can't believe you sold your vit t, that was one of my favorites bikes on here! That team Marin is on my bucket list also.. really like it. :)

Thanks Cheshire, I just love bringing bikes back to life :LOL:

Current build isn't quite as high end, late 80's Raleigh Maverick. Going to donate it to a bicycle restoration charity in Taunton Somerset when I visit the folks at Christmas. Here it is on the day I bought it:

I did keep the wheels and Ringle skewer set from the Vit T, needed the funds for my Yeti ARC build and the Merlin is my favourite Ti bike to ride so the Orange had to go.

I thought I'd finished this Marin and one thing that really appealed to me was it's all steel rigidness as it's my only non suspended bike in the fleet. However, I have always wanted a bike with Manitou 1 forks and they were available as an option on this bike. Saw a good condition but grubby pair on eBay and now they have cleaned and polished up nicely, steerer is even the correct size and type :) Do I put these on or keep it rigid, should I put them on my 93 Manitou FS instead to match the grey Ringle/Manitou Seatpost?

That's a really nice gesture to donate the Maverick, very decent indeed.

Your Marin is looking really beautiful. I have a '93 Marin Team and I've been using your thread for inspiration. Mine needs the laquer removing and polishing up. I hope to get it looking as clean as yours.
How do these ride in rigid form? I rather like my steel bikes to be unsprung and get the full feel of the frame. Mine has the Manitou II option on it and I was thinking of changing to a rigid fork, but I'll be interested in your verdict once you've fitted your Manitous forks.
Great attention to detail on your builds!

street":2vvqspm4 said:
That's a really nice gesture to donate the Maverick, very decent indeed.

Your Marin is looking really beautiful. I have a '93 Marin Team and I've been using your thread for inspiration. Mine needs the laquer removing and polishing up. I hope to get it looking as clean as yours.
How do these ride in rigid form? I rather like my steel bikes to be unsprung and get the full feel of the frame. Mine has the Manitou II option on it and I was thinking of changing to a rigid fork, but I'll be interested in your verdict once you've fitted your Manitous forks.
Great attention to detail on your builds!

Thanks buddy, I didn't remove the lacquer on mine, just gave it a good clean and polish as was and luckily it's good although I am a fan of a bit of patina :LOL:

It rides absolutely beautifully as a rigid bike so I'll definitely keep the original forks as an option.

You got a link to your build?

Minifreak":35dx04mk said:
Thanks buddy, I didn't remove the lacquer on mine, just gave it a good clean and polish as was and luckily it's good although I am a fan of a bit of patina :LOL:

It rides absolutely beautifully as a rigid bike so I'll definitely keep the original forks as an option.

You got a link to your build?

Cool thanks :D
Here's my sorry looking Team:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=359376&hilit=Marin+team

I haven't progressed much since then but I will one of these days :LOL:

Minifreak":1ek3j63a said:
I thought I'd finished this Marin and one thing that really appealed to me was it's all steel rigidness as it's my only non suspended bike in the fleet. However, I have always wanted a bike with Manitou 1 forks and they were available as an option on this bike. Saw a good condition but grubby pair on eBay and now they have cleaned and polished up nicely, steerer is even the correct size and type :) Do I put these on or keep it rigid, should I put them on my 93 Manitou FS instead to match the grey Ringle/Manitou Seatpost?

Whack em on these bikes look great with early manitous!

IMG_3982.jpg

Back