1988 Marin Pine Mountain

Racin'snake

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
I aquired this what I believe to be an 88 pine mountain? and cant decide if to give it the full restoration treatment or to pass it on as is. Tbh its too small for me but couldn't pass on saving it. It is pretty original bar the tyres, saddle and chainset....any thoughts?

Attachments

• rsz_20161203_132244.jpg
    rsz_20161203_132244.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 967
  • rsz_20161203_132234.jpg
    rsz_20161203_132234.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 966
  • rsz_20161203_132217.jpg
    rsz_20161203_132217.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 967
  • rsz_20161203_132207.jpg
    rsz_20161203_132207.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 967
Re:

Definitely a 88 Pine Mountain and worth saving but if you decide to move it on and are thinking of splitting it,i could do with the seatpost and the rear wheel as the final parts i need for mine which i'm restoring.

Re:

Shame the bars are fooked been looking for a set of those to finish mine. Ride really nicely these do.

Spanky if it's any consolation it took me 5 years to find the seat post for mine :facepalm:

Re: Re:

Antstark":3iffc97h said:
Shame the bars are fooked been looking for a set of those to finish mine. Ride really nicely these do.

Spanky if it's any consolation it took me 5 years to find the seat post for mine :facepalm:

I've got patience it took me 28 years to get my Pine Mountain :LOL:

Restore it, sell it after if you have to but enjoy the process of bringing it back to life and please don't split it.

Re:

Thanks for your thoughts guys....splitting this one was never an option. After much head scratching I think even though its a tad too small I will give it the full treatment....should be about as straightforward as it gets right?! :)

Re:

You planning on a respray? Two places I took mine to couldn't get a match. I think it's silver with a lilac top coat. Gil has the decals on file as I mocked them up for him.

There is a thread on here somewhere with them in..I'll dig out a link

Re: Re:

Antstark":367nvb1h said:
You planning on a respray? Two places I took mine to couldn't get a match. I think it's silver with a lilac top coat. Gil has the decals on file as I mocked them up for him.

There is a thread on here somewhere with them in..I'll dig out a link

I did wonder about the shade of silver....in the light it does seem to have an almost pinky lilac tint. Normally I would opt to go to my local blasters/powder coaters(the finishes they achieve are stunning)as the only charge around £40 but to keep original is not likely to be an option.

Re:

Good to see it's going to be restored and there's definitely a hint of purple or lilac in the silver. Does the frame need a respray will it not clean up because it doesn't look to bad.

Back