Tim Gould's '93 Newnham Schwinn (homage) FINISHED

Re: Tim Gould Schwinn homage build

Bollox64":2j2xj6pc said:
Also got a special "feeler" out regarding more info on the bike - more later if that works out :cool:

Sounds interesting looking forward to hearing more on this front

Perhaps a Nordic Christmas special :xmas-big-grin: is planned

Christ we're now seven pages in and the frame is still on route from Turkey :shock:

Re:

have to admire your tanacity in sourcing the parts you need

on the flip side, I must admit to feeling a little sad to hear the donar bike is going to be broken and sold off as its a nice looking bike, (if it was a keeper I'd ask yah to lift that saddle a tad)

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":1101638o said:
have to admire your tanacity in sourcing the parts you need

on the flip side, I must admit to feeling a little sad to hear the donar bike is going to be broken and sold off as its a nice looking bike, (if it was a keeper I'd ask yah to lift that saddle a tad)

Can't argue with that, looks grand to me.

If you decide not to keep the Scott branded grips, I'd be interested in them. Been looking for some for aaaaaages!

Mike

Re:

Mike - if I can get them off in one piece after being sat there for 20 years, they're yours for the postage.

Re:

Thanks buddy, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Maybe soak them in water?

Mike

Re:

Just need to get the bloody Paramount frame here. Took 6 days from USA to Turkey, and still not tracked as in Sweden after leaving Istanbul 8 days ago :-/

Re:

you not going carbon uni shock as per the article and pic.....?

the NOS ones are nice mind! :cool:

Re:

No, going with the ally legged Gen II Unishock - that's what Tim rode at Newnham. Mike Kloser had the carbon legged fork there - probably a prototype. The article where Tim's bike has them is from November '93, so I assume he switched during the season. My Newnham photo's show him running the Gen II.

Re:

Must be so frustrating waiting for this to turn up! :evil:

I know I am, and it's not even mine! :LOL:

Back