1989 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt DL

Nothing new...very little time to work on retro bikes lately. I'm hoping to get back to this one once I finish an 88 Avalanche.

Blizz":27seggwn said:
Nothing new...very little time to work on retro bikes lately. I'm hoping to get back to this one once I finish an 88 Avalanche.
well the avalanche is done.
when can we expect an update on this? :LOL:
not like I've been counting the days or anything. ;)

Retro_Roy":1xb7cykw said:
Blizz":1xb7cykw said:
well the avalanche is done.
when can we expect an update on this? :LOL:
not like I've been counting the days or anything. ;)
It is next! :D
I picked up a RS1 fork for it since I haven't found a rigid fillet brazed one yet.
It is missing the air valves, but I did source some new valves caps from Risse Racing. So hopefully that will get the fork functional.

Attachments

• RS1.jpg
    RS1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 773
One day short of a year :) How is this awesome Thunderbolt coming on? :cool: :)

Mark

It's coming along :)
I'm almost done the paint touch ups...just a bit more.
I'm not convinced the RS1 is the right fork for the bike, so I think I'll put a rigid Tange fork on for now. I have a Mag 20 with gold lowers that looks better than the RS1 but I need a 1" steerer tube for it.

Attachments

• tboltrs.jpg
    tboltrs.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 610
  • tboltrigid.jpg
    tboltrigid.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 611
I dont think the RS1 looks that bad, would look better if you lowered the stem though :) Having said that, that blue stem is beautiful, and as you have said already, its a shame it hasnt got the matching fork. You could always spray the Tange blue ;)

Either way, its coming on nicely :cool:

Mark

Any update on this beauty?

Back