1991 rocky mountain cirrus build

Yeah the Marzocchi looks way more in keeping with the decals on the frame. But a Tange Big Fork would look great on there, and was the original spec I believe.

Actually the syncros fork would be original but I have no expectations finding one in a 200mm steer tube. But a tange big fork would work good that's what came on the cirrus's brother bike the experience.

Ah so. Thanks for the clarification! I have an Experience I am about to restore, and went with the Tange myself...

Did more mocking up today. I also completely rebuilt the fork with all new stainless hard wear, new o rings, oil and oil seals that I was able to sorce through lordco. I figured even if I don't use it on this bike I could always sell them and get somthing different. I also stripped the black paint off the fork arch as I think the silver looks a lot better with the fork.

RockiMtn":9s7i4fb3 said:
such a purdy gate! :LOL:
Haha yep it's a big one measures in at 21". I imagine that would make it quite rare as I don't see too many people needing a frame this big. But perfect for me as I'm 6 foot 3. Just a pain in the ass to find a fork with a long enough head tube.

Almost there just waiting on the front brake cam for the fork.

Problem now is the brakes and cable stops are made for 6mm cables and all I can find now are 5mm. Any one have any solutions?

Almost there just waiting on the front brake cam for the fork.

Problem now is the brakes and cable stops are made for 6mm cables and all I can find now are 5mm. Any one have any solutions?

Back